In Literature for 2044 ~ Acceptance Speech
I wrote this essay when I was in my 30’s. This is as much I can reveal about my age as a woman’s vanity will permit.
Writing generates the excesses of emotions that sustain life. Writing unifies. And to write better, I learnt that I had to read more. So, in the summer of 2014 I went on a book reading binge. I read irrationally.
When I fell asleep on books, I dreamt heavily. Like any child, I have been taught to avoid being presumptuous. So, the absurdity and the gall of a recurrent dream prompts me to write it down. In that, I see myself walk to the stage and read a prepared speech.
December 10th, 2044.
Stockholm City Hall, Sweden.
“Even in the dead calm of the night, the mind can be flutteringly chaotic. It is the eccentric and wild humming of the heartbeat. Pick up on that and capture it. Thrive on your own heartbeat and you might actually be following your dream. Don’t give up on it. Forget the rest. It is nonsense. Start worrying about the time when you are famous. How will you know if anyone loved you?
The coldest places on earth that cannot grow a twig are no match for the coldness of the heart. The scab behind the ear is far less dirty than the blackness of the human heart.
There are forces of human acting against you. So, play your part. Cheapen everyone else’s resolve with your magnanimity. The need for peace, acceptance and the longingness to be appreciated are universal.
Violence, brutality, oppression, mass murders, being unkind –These are not subconscious choices of the mind. It is not even the order of the world. Eating, sleeping, procrastination, retrospection without consequences, mortality – this is.
Allow yourself to be humbled, like the time you had kids or the time you wanted to put your thoughts on paper. Kindness, joy, heart break. Experience everything. Be the captive audience to the show called life. We all have famously low standards, it’s a guarantee, we will be amused.
While you are struggling to be that faithful friend, assimilate in a foreign country, roll your tongue to sound your Rs correctly, there is someone out there trying to secure a safety route to the school without mortar shells ripping through their child’s skull or struggling to put food on the table.
There will also be times when you feel like you don’t belong here. Not here, not anywhere. I was born and raised in a country where the most sinister sight is that of the mother-in-law. And now I call home a country where the sight of a group of teenagers assembled on a park bench can run shivers up the spine. If we are lucky enough, we will all live to realize the unfounded terrors of our children not living their full lives.
Words. Use them sparingly. A few of those words got me into trouble with my sister’s feelings. The same words that rivaled the time and place they were spoken at. Behold the power of context. A few life changing words can lose their potency in the absence of it.
Believe in the self-remedial power of the broken spirit. No one is his own underdog. Read a story where you are not the protagonist. Phew! That was someone else’s story!
Social engagements create frivolous distractions. Distractions sap on a great human strength – vulnerability. Share your sorrow and see others’ misfortunes disappear. Tie the evil tedium in life together while being inspired by art. Spend your monies on it.
Group dynamics diffuse the burden to be rational. So, even in a crowd, act as if you are alone. Place yourself square and fair in the center to receive copious amounts of kindness. You will always find yourself on your knees.
Incessantly searching for your name on the internet or killing the spontaneity of an email reply with mindless procrastination – these are some preoccupations that can keep your mind off violence.
Not everyone gets the Nobel. Yesterday, my 6 year old asked me why the letters on the computer keyboard were not in Alphabetical order. This morning, I asked a friend and she had known the answer for years.
Now, imagine your child or your loved one being bullied. Defend your time like how you would defend them. Remember we all have a choice to choose.
Build a legacy. What do I want them to remember of me? Generate a message, gift a book, add your own quote that sticks with future generations. Preserve your culture and pass it on.
Nurture your spirit with all the elements of nature that complete you. Fire, water, earth and air. You own nothing but your mind.
You can change the world. Your world is anyone that you have come into touch with psychologically, physically and randomly on the street. Remember kindly, remember this often.
Celebrations on a global stage under the watch of a wide audience can be surprisingly very personal, like those unfolding every minute in homes around the world. Celebrate.
There will be an inner voice that struggles, that is a persistent critique. Give it the same treatment you give your mother. The silent one.
Before my humility wears off as I age, there are a few things I wish to say. For the reader here is my gratitude. My son was 2 months old when I read him a poem of mine for the first time.
If I was to think within reasonable limits of reason, I would not have been here. I want to be a sum of all my dreams.
I recall a childhood lesson, forgotten along the way. Dream big, more than you can ever dream of. To give up, would be to die.
I must have unleashed the inner voice a tad too much. I thank the Swedish Nobel Academy for this honor. To, because and for love.”
You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny. ~ Brihadaranyaka Upanishad IV.4.5
The Nobel prize is regarded as the ultimate in excellence. But, a little context is important about how it came out to be that way.
Read about Alfred Nobel: From “Merchant of Death” to Pioneer of Nobel Prize. Click HERE.
© 2008 – 2023 Heart
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
COMMIT To Your Goals, Achieve Anything And Become Unstoppable
COMMITMENT - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COMMITMENT as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COMMITMENT
What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in the universe. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais NinQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us...
* Our Brains On Risks And Rewards: There are two aspects to our brain when it comes to trying out new things. One of them is the activation system and the other is the inhibition system. The activation system encourages us to do things based on potential...
* As humans, we all want to succeed, but often times, we don’t seem to know where to start. First let's establish a workable definition of success. Here’s my definition: “Success” is about working hard consistently, making difficult choices and outlasting my...
* We've all seen the naughty kids, the tantrum throwers and the belligerent ones. But, here's the thing though. Children are not aware of or able to articulate the real reasons behind their actions, especially if they have behavioral and emotional difficulties....
The Ultimate Do’s And Don’ts Of Your Daily Speed And Efficiency – A Blue Print Of Productivity That Works
* DON'TS: There are many things we must not be doing in addition to be doing if we want to be productive in our daily lives. Here are a few things that we can add to our "Do not do" list 😉 Don't pretend like you've got everything under control especially when...
* Stage 1 Developing Awareness. The motivation for change begins with a sense that we aren't fulfilling our full potential in at least one area of our life. * Stage 2 Discovery. The discovery stage is where your conscious mind has located the...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!