Want To Listen To The Article Instead?
If You See Something, Say Something. Take A Stand Against Bullying.
Our Silence Is Violence Too.
Our World Must Be A Safe Place For Everyone irrespective of their color, ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation. If all of us choose to be outraged instead of only a selected few, we can be a better world.
Marcus Rashford is a 23 year old British football player for the Manchester United. He created a taskforce last year to donate free meals to children when school was out because these families were relying on free school meals for their survival.
Recently, he was a victim of cyber bullying on his social media channels. Many other premier league players are being targeted with racist comments and symbols on their posts on different social media accounts. This is what Marcus has posted on his Twitter profile as a reply to what he describes as: “Humanity and social media at its worst.”
“Yes I’m a black man and I live every day proud that I am. No one, or no one comment, is going to make me feel any different. So sorry if you were looking for a strong reaction, you’re just simply not going to get it here. I’m not sharing screenshots. It would be irresponsible to do so and as you can imagine there’s nothing original in them. I have beautiful children of all colors following me and they don’t need to read it. Beautiful colors that should only be celebrated.”
* SOURCE: @MarcusRashford Twitter
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Essays On Life
Why We See Outrage, How Hope Helps And Handling The Stressors Of Life
True heroism is minutes, hours, weeks, year upon year of the quiet, precise, judicious exercise of probity and care-with no one there to see or cheer. This is the world. ~ David Foster Wallace
Digital Citizenship: What It Is, How To Learn It, And The Resources You Need
* Technological Literacy or Digital Citizenship is the wealth of knowledge that we all need in order to be good citizens of the digital age. We all have a playbook for how to live in the real world, and digital citizenship guidelines allow us to understand the...
14 Powerful Quotes From The Book, The Big Disconnect – Sustainable Family For The Digital Age
* Quotable Quotes From The Big Disconnect: Excerpts From the book, The Big Disconnect: Protecting Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age By Catherine Steiner-Adair EdD. It's a powerful reminder to understand how to protect childhood and family...
What Are Brain Breaks And Why Does Everyone Need Them?
* Brain breaks or mental speed bumps are focused attention activities that give brains a break from intense mentally challenging lessons children are expected to learn every day. They are good for us adults too because so much is expected out of us each day....
Why Fear Death When It Can Be The Biggest Motivator Of All
* Our Relationship With Immortality: People who don’t know what to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon want to live forever. That’s the lure of immortality. All throughout our lives, we strive for wealth, fame, knowledge and happiness. We also long for immortality...
A To Z About Tech Behavioral Disorders, Managing Addictions, And Their Impact On Relationships And Productivity
* Our digital landscape is changing day after day. And here are some urgent burning questions along with their answers. Please click below to learn more. 1) Why is Technology Addiction or Digital Addiction a problem at all? Can’t I have my hobby or interest? 2)...
Understanding Relationship Etiquette In A World Of Faceless Usernames And Two Dimensional Emojis
* How We Learnt FOMO: Listen, I have nothing against technology. I can turn on and off the lights in my house from 200 miles away if I need to. During the pandemic, we bought a new car without ever stepping out of the house. What’s more, I don't have to wait...
Why And How To Develop Resourcefulness
* It’s a fact that we will never have the time or the expertise to solve all of our problems. We must somehow then become creative with our problem solving capabilities. That's where the skill of resourcefulness comes into play. When we’re resourceful, we can...
A Whole Family Digital Health Reset Is Just A Few Action Steps Away
* Signs of Parental Anguish: Children and adults are using screens as a coping mechanism. There's a lot of technoference in our lives and we are having to combat it constantly. This is our new normal from the past decade in familial and professional settings....
These Studies Show The Dangerous Effects Of Distracted Parents On Children’s Wellbeing
* Hyper-Connected Parents; Dis Connected Progeny: Our children are addicted and so are we, that's the tragic situation of our world in the digital disruption age. We would rather be somewhere else rather than in the present moment, atleast that's what our...
4 Wellness Essentials for Parents and Caregivers
* Child Care Doesn't Have To Be Stressful: Being a parent or caregiver can be an incredibly rewarding role, but there’s no denying that it isn’t an easy one. According to a new poll by the Pew Research Center, about four in ten parents (41%) in the US say...
Here’s How To Preserve A Keen Sense Of Wellbeing On A Daily Basis
* Let’s Define Wellbeing: As humans, we’re driven by this singular goal. What do you want in life? Ask anyone and surely most times it will be a “I just want to be happy!” So, let’s see how our happiness is determined by how we feel about ourselves on a daily...
How Positive Action Can Curb The Epidemic Of Gun Violence And Mass Shootings
Ahimsa - The Principle Of Non Violence Gun Safety Laws To Curb Mass Shootings “We can choose to be hopeful, try and possibly fail or not be hopeful, give up and definitely fail.”— David Hogg, cofounder and board member at March For Our LivesQuestions, just...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!