* * *
Please call and talk to someone. You ARE precious.
American National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL):
If you’re anyone contemplating suicide, please know you’re loved, and there’s help.
Do not promise anyone that you will keep his or her suicidal thoughts a secret.
Call 24/7: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Chat Online Anytime: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1.800.799.7233
Mental Health America: https://www.mhanational.org/
National Alliance On Mental Illness: https://www.nami.org/home
The LGBTQ+ Guide To Online Safety: https://www.vpnmentor.com/blog/lgbtq-guide-online-safety/
Sustaining A Post Covid-19 World:
Returning to “Normal” Mental Health, Post-COVID-19:
Vaping & Tobacco Intervention Resources:
STATS: 2018 national survey data concluded that 11.7% of high school students and 3.3% of middle school students have used an e-cigarette in the past 30 days.
CATCH (Coordinated Approach To Child Health) Has A Program Called:
My Breath: https://catchinfo.org/modules/e-cigarettes
This program has three intended outcomes: 1) Understand that e-cigarettes are addictive, unhealthy and not as popular as believed; 2) Resist their own curiosity and peer pressure to experiment with e-cigarettes; and 3) Encourage friends and peers not to use e-cigarettes.
Become A Smoke-free Teen: https://teen.smokefree.gov/
Substance Abuse And Mental Health Services Administration: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
Reliable Source of Free Information on Facing Addiction: https://www.rehabspot.com/
Teen Nicotine Addiction Facts And Resources: https://www.rehabspot.com/drugs/stimulants/Nicotine/
Inpatient And Outpatient Addiction Rehab And Treatment: https://www.okrehab.org/
Substance Use, Misuse And Abuse Treatment: https://delphihealthgroup.com/
Alcohol Abuse and Binge Drinking Community Resource: https://www.graniterecoverycenters.com/alcohol-abuse/binge-drinking/
Find The Best Drug & Alcohol Rehab Center Near You: https://www.addictionresource.net/
Mental Health Crisis Hotlines:
If you see messages or live streaming suicidal behavior on social media, call 911 immediately. Or Call Below.
National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
Any Crisis Text Line 24/7: Text HOME to 741741
Chat Online Anytime: https://www.crisistextline.org
For immediate or emergency mental health and safety situations, there are local, state and national organizations that can help.
- Text4Help – Teens text the word “SAFE” and your current location (STREET, ADDRESS, CITY, STATE) TO 4HELP (44357) for immediate help with the option for interactive texting.
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-TALK (www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org)
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Connect with a trained counselor at SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or by texting TalkWithUS 66746.
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line – 1-800-715-4225 (www.mygcal.com)
- Tips To Help With Cyberbullying: https://www.sunshinebehavioralhealth.com/resources/preventing-cyberbullying/
- Mental Health Outreach For Asbestos Toxicity: https://www.asbestos.com/support/mental-health
- Veterans Crisis Line – Send a text to 838255
- Alcohol Rehab Guide – Reach Out To The Treatment Providers. https://www.alcoholrehabguide.org/resources/dual-diagnosis/alcohol-and-suicide/
- Resources for Parents of Children With Cerebral Palsy: https://www.childbirthinjuries.com/cerebral-palsy/
- National Domestic Violence: Safety & Help: https://www.raksha.org/ | 404-876-0670
- Mental Health Resources For Folks In India: Find Urgent Mental Health Toolkits @ https://homeofbeautifulsouls.com/
- Helping a Child Who Has Been Sexually Abused: https://hermanlaw.com/child-sex-abuse/
- Las Disparidades Raciales en el Tratamiento de la Salud Mental: Investigación y Recursos: https://www.helpadvisor.com/conditions/salud-mental-de-los-hispanos
- Hispanic American Mental Health Educational Resources: https://www.helpadvisor.com/conditions/latino-mental-health
Hotlines Around The World:
United Kingdom 116 123
United States 1-800-273-8255
Canada 1 800 456 4566
Ireland 116 123
Australia 131 114
24 Hour Assistance Mental Health Facilities Around Atlanta, GA:
The following facilities provide 24-hour assistance. If you or your child already receives support from a mental health provider, you may wish to make contact with that professional first. You may also want to check with your insurance company regarding mental/behavioral health coverage.
Please note that FutureSTRONG Academy does not endorse any provider, makes no representations as to the effectiveness of these providers, and makes this information available only as a helpful resource.
Georgia Crisis & Access Line
Help is available 24/7 for problems with mental health, drugs, or alcohol.
(Behavioral Health Link-Single Point of Entry)
75 Piedmont Ave., NE Ste. 256 Atlanta, GA 30303
Fulton County Department of Mental Health Hotline
Emergency Mental Health Services Hotline
Service Locators For Those In Desperate Need:
• If you are worried about meeting the basic needs of your child, such as food, shelter, clothing or healthcare, call,
text or chat with your local 211 to connect with a community resource specialist. Simply call 211.
• Find local mental health treatment by calling 1-800-662-HELP or visit https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov
Mental Health Crisis Hotlines In India:
Addressing The Stigma Attached to Mental Illness: https://cooj.co.in/
Dedicated To Promoting Meaningful Change: https://parivarthan.org/
Suicide Prevention Helpline: https://www.mitramfoundation.org/
Mental Health Counseling Services: http://arpitafoundation.org/
A Non-Judgmental Listening Service: https://connectingngo.org/
A Counselling Service By The School of Human Ecology: https://icallhelpline.org/
Kiran Suicide Helpline: 1800-599-0019
A national 24/7 toll free helpline launched by the India’s Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to help people with suicidal thoughts, depression and other mental health issues.
Roshni Trust, Psychiatry at Doorstep: https://roshnitrusthyd.org/
Immediate Mental Health Resources in Atlanta, Georgia:
North Fulton Regional Hospital Emergency Room
3000 Hospital Boulevard
Roswell, GA 30076
Lakeview Behavioral Health (adolescents and adults)
Accepts Managed Medicaid
1 Technology Pkwy S., Norcross, 30092
5454 Yorktowne Drive
College Park, GA 30349
770-991-6044 or 770-991-6045
Grady Hospital Psychiatric
80 Jesse Hill, Jr. Drive
Atlanta, GA 30303
Riverwoods Mental Health (teens and adults)
233 Medical Center Drive
Riverdale, GA 30274
Summit Ridge Center (teens and adults)
250 Scenic Hwy., Lawrenceville, GA 30046
3995 South Cobb Drive, SE
Smyrna, GA 30080
Very Important Local Atlanta Resource:
Planning A Suicide? Please Pause, There Is Hope.
* * *
Disclaimer: Hey guys, please note. Not all the above links are free services and FutureSTRONG Academy doesn’t get paid for these putting these resources here.