Want To Listen To The Article Instead?
An Alternate Outcome?
Would Bobbie Jo and Lisa’s lives been spared if it was for the right nurture of Lisa’s childhood?
What do children crave when they’re growing up anyway?
Why Children Rebel
When caregivers don’t live by the rules they preach, children start questioning the validity of everything.
- They don’t want to be told No, before being explained why something might not be the best choice for them.
- Pushing too hard will be met with push back.
What Children Don’t Understand
- What more important things could be happening on your phone when they’re around.
- How you can be so busy that you can’t read them a 2 page story at the end of the night.
- If you’re not changing their lives, what else are you doing?
What Children Crave
- They crave human connection in the form of bodily contact.
- They crave arms that hug to show care and love.
- They crave a consistent, predictable and responsive care giver.
- They crave for our presence just like how we crave for theirs, except they do it without judgment.
- They want their lives to be seen in the context of a meaningful relationship.
* * *