The sad strength of hate in comparison to love is that it is unambiguous as an emotion. Even if I tell you unequivocally that I love you, you will still ask me for validation. “Are you sure?” But, if I tell you, “I hate you“, you won’t even question that sentiment once. You won’t ask me, “How do you know, we are strangers to each other?”
Your reaction is understandable because the history of humanity tells us that we might be incapable of such unconditional love for universal brotherhood. The lives of our forefathers have taught us that we’ve lived with centuries of communal turmoil and brutality.
And if it is any indication of our predisposition to feelings of disgust and animosity, we might continue to live out our lives either dwelling in incendiary rhetoric or instigating hateful acts of violence against others.
Hate is our inherent self-defense mechanism to protect us from things we don’t want to identify with. It’s our way to guard ourselves from our deepest and darkest discomforts.
Our language and acts of cruelty towards others show ourselves a mirror to what we hate about ourselves. If you don’t like yourself so much, you engage in self-destructive activities. When you are not satisfied with certain aspects of your life, you engage in destruction on a massive scale.
If you’re filled with anger towards me, I can apologize for my infractions. If you’re fearful of me, I can assuage you with my kind words of assurances. But, if you’re filled with spitting rage and hate towards me because you can’t identify with what I am and what I stand for, what can I do?
There is hope even in deep division and hostility. You can begin the journey of healing by understanding what you stand for. What makes up your identity. What are your vulnerabilities? Is aggression, and competition within you being instigated by the culture you’re surrounded by?
Paper protests on the streets, or keyboard courage with vile comments to strangers, is this what you really value? You have a choice to dictate what you get tied down to. Start moving today with accepting yourself and others for who they are.
George Santayana, Character And Opinion In The United States:
“There is much forgetfulness, much callow disrespect for what is past or alien; but there is a fund of vigour, goodness, and hope such as no nation ever possessed before. In what sometimes looks like American greediness and jostling for the front place, all is love of achievement, nothing is unkindness; it is a fearless people, and free from malice, as you might see in their eyes and gestures, even if their conduct did not prove it. This soil is propitious to every seed, and tares must needs grow in it; but why should it not also breed clear thinking, honest judgment, and rational happiness?”
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The Skill Of People Management And Conflict Resolution
COLLABORATION - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COLLABORATION as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COLLABORATION
What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in the universe. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais NinQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us...
* We've all seen the naughty kids, the tantrum throwers and the belligerent ones. But, here's the thing though. Children are not aware of or able to articulate the real reasons behind their actions, especially if they have behavioral and emotional difficulties....
The Ultimate Do’s And Don’ts Of Your Daily Speed And Efficiency – A Blue Print Of Productivity That Works
* DON'TS: There are many things we must not be doing in addition to be doing if we want to be productive in our daily lives. Here are a few things that we can add to our "Do not do" list 😉 Don't pretend like you've got everything under control especially when...
Below are three nationally recognized Career Technology Student Organizations (CTSO’s). Learn about each of them below: * FBLA – Future Business Leaders of America: FBLA is the largest Career and Technical Student Organization in the world...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* Talk about a global impact! The thousands of meals packaged at your Rise Against Hunger Experience will provide nourishment for those who need it most. In Gokwe North, Zimbabwe, there was a school dropout rate of 40% due to socioeconomic challenges from low...
* The Evolution Of Work: The workforce is going to be impacted by three major areas of change and growth. Workforce transformation: From Baby boomers to Gen Z, there are many generations now in the workforce working next to each other. Tech modernization And...
* An Antidote To Loneliness: We've all been there, we're in a relationship that sucks the life out of us. But, we somehow have to endure for the sake of keeping peace within the family or the workplace. And that's how life is - a combination of low quality and...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!