How To Identify Conflict In Children:
Coping with stress, managing personal physical and mental hygiene, negotiating and resolving conflicts with siblings, balancing online and offline lives – the list of skills a child needs to transform into a successful adult are endless.
Sometimes conflict arises at home for a child. Anxiety comes with the uncertainty of new circumstances that both parents and growing children face. Anxiety arises when both the parent and child refuse to see the other’s point of view.
As they enter middle school, children are eager to meet peer expectations. Sometimes peer expectations can be in direct conflict with parental expectations. What is cool with his peers might be an absolute no no for a child’s parent.
Unresolved conflicts become barriers to learning for children especially if they fail to see other viewpoints in arguments. In such cases, their perspective becomes one-sided and it manifests in unwanted behaviors like disobedience and disagreements.
The Current Moral Conundrum:
Today’s children are being exposed to news that showcase controversies and conflicts and images and videos of unrealistic standards of living – be it porn or flashy celebrity lifestyles. They are increasingly becoming victims to online sex predators and harassment, and are seeing images and videos of aggressive and violent behaviors.
When mainstream media shows children so many versions of how life can be lived, it’s difficult for them to understand their self-worth and the purpose of their own lives in the context of humanity. So, more than ever before, children of this digital generation need a direction to clarify and help interpret what a good and well lived life means.
At the same time, if we want to ensure every young person learns how to respond to conflict, we must make sure we don’t constantly add disclaimers to every “trigger warning” and allow them to naturally process their emotions and circumstances. After all, we can’t always promise to be there for them to shield them from the reality of real life.
Inculcating Conflict Management Skills:
Children must be taught how to respect themselves, their peers and adults. Otherwise, they will not understand the value of living and working in harmony with people who don’t look like them or don’t have the same ideologies as them.
Allowing children to become socially engaged from an early age helps them understand the importance of relationships. Letting them resolve conflicts that occur due to misunderstandings and miscommunication will teach them how to manage and maintain long term friendships. After all, the biggest psychological source of stress for adults is conflict with others.
Collaboration in Classrooms:
In a society where individualism is cherished, children with a teamwork spirit understand that there’s power in striving towards a common goal and enjoying the fruits of labor together.
Collaboration styles can be incorporated in different ways in a classroom. Ask them to create a shared document and multiple students edit and review it. Ask them to create a play, develop multiple characters and write dialogues for the story line.
Collaboration teaches children to respect others’ strengths. It helps them understand the types of interactions that don’t work. It shows them that effective teamwork is the one that operates within a framework of agreed upon guidelines. Overall, teamwork helps children see the value in relationships and how contribution and collaboration can lead to personal fulfillment.
Our Collective Craving:
Bottom line. You’re driven by the need to BELONG, MATTER and make an positive IMPACT. So is everyone else. If by ourselves, we can make such a positive impact on our loved ones and strangers loved and matter, what can we all do collectively as a world?!
Let’s plan ways to our planet sustainable and our lives enduring. Let’s help our children build relationships that light their passion on fire and help their inner spirit to thrive. By surrounding themselves with fellow dreamers who believe that they too can change the world, our children can create a more unified and breathtaking future for themselves.
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The Skill Of People Management And Conflict Resolution
COLLABORATION - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COLLABORATION as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COLLABORATION
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
The Journey Of Our Life Can Be One That’s Filled With A Purpose. Here’s How To Find It.
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
Want To Crush It In Life? Start With These Thoughts That Will Help You Shine.
* Below are a few quotes, they will bend your mind, help you shut out the chatter and give your mind a steady purpose. Ever wonder why that persistent monologue in our head seems to be out there to get us? It doesn't allow us to celebrate our wins whole...
Free Assessments, Interview Prep and Exam Certification Study Guides For Scrum Master, Agile Coach and Project Managers
* Agile, Scrum And PMP Resources Overview: In preparation for your Scrum Master or PMP certifications, you can look at various free resources including Sample mock tests, Udemy Courses, Interview Prep Courses on YouTube and others. * Courses And Study...
The Future Of Information, Knowledge Workers And The Workspace
* Understanding Information And Knowledge: Knowledge is becoming cheaper and less important. In the near future, nobody will hire us because of what we know. We will be hired for our abilities to think, create and solve problems with what we know. So, in this...
How Coaches and Mentors Nurture Leadership Skills in Young Adults
* Who Is A Coach? Coaches are given the prospect to exercise and discover issues in a cooperative, tailored, and nuanced way. You learn to adapt to new responsibilities and challenges through coaches. In every game, the role of a coach is to ensure they...
How To Start Your Own Business, Even If You’re a Youngin’
* What's Stopping You? Do you ever feel like you aren’t taken seriously just because you’re young? While there is something to be said for experience and wisdom, kids can – and should – do amazing things! Starting a business can be one of them. With the...
Top 4 Social Media Fails That Lead Employees To Get Canned From Companies
* * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://sba.thehartford.com/managing-employees/employees-getting-canned-over-social-media/ * The Future Of Work And The Role Of Non-Cognitive Skills: Read more...
Who Are Road Scientists And How To Work In STEM As A Digital Nomad
* The Road Scientist: Working a STEM-related job and trying to live remotely is rarely straightforward, but it is possible. Whether you specialize in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, in this article, I’ll provide a few key strategies to help...
The Top 3 Trends That Are Going To Shape The Future Of Work Around The World In 2023
* https://youtu.be/WArC4ZaxDxA * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Works Cited: https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/say-goodbye-to-the-9-to-5-workday-6107738/...
Reclaim Your Productivity By Going On A Digital Diet – A Rotary Club Initiative On Tech Addiction
* Digital Wellbeing Workshop: Part I https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sES8nDx-MI Workshop Description: Experts in the field of addiction are divided as to whether Internet Addiction Disorder is really a true clinical dependence or simply a social...
Disconnect To Reconnect – Digital Dieting: Candid Conversation with Rachana by Girijaa D
* Digital Wellbeing Workshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfcKkto1LAA Workshop Description: Are we a generation of “Digiholics” ? How is technology addiction debilitating and disruptive to our professional and personal well-being? What are the...
How Not To Live Like How You Live On Facebook (Meta) And Other Social Media Apps
* Making Friends Like On Facebook: * How To Live A Facebook-Free Life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVWW4LgJ_-Q * * * Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their...
Ask A Business Owner What Courage Is. They Know A Thing Or Two About Being Relentless.
* Courage is a topic close to my heart. Ask me , I am business owner. Every day, I feel vulnerable and weak as an entrepreneur. But, being a small business owner has taught me a few things. It has taught me the courage to be imperfect. It has made me do what I...
Digital Devastation By Girijaa Deshhpande ~ A Poem On Our Collective Screen Addictions
* We live in a world inundated with devicesCooing birds, rustling leaves nothing entices. Laughter of kids at play and oldies on bench seem far offAsk some one to go with you for a walk, invite a scoff. Neighbors, friends, even own brothers pass byNo one looks...
The Sandwich Project – Nourish The Hungry, Feed The Soul This Holiday Season
* There's one thing in the world that can, without a doubt, fill our lives with joy and content. And that is the gift of giving, to especially, those who are the neediest. This week our family was part of a Scouts event where we bagged and shipped off...
You’ve Heard About IQ And Even EQ. But, Just How High Is Your KQ – Kindness Quotient?
* Compassion Vs. Kindness: "Self-compassion simply means giving oneself a break without feeling guilty or selfish." A friend recently told me. While acting with compassion, a person may feel bad for someone else but does not necessarily share their emotions....
How Conflict Management And Collaboration Styles Have A Lot To Do With Our Attitude Towards Life
* Why Do Conflicts Occur: Let us understand why we get into conflicts. With those older than us, we tend to see them as out of touch, slow and just not relevant. With those who are younger than us, we tend to see them as risk magnets, aggressive and lacking...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!