Leading Our Daily Lives:
Whether we are leading our own lives or parenting our children, we’re all leading in one way or another. Then why not live an optimal life, so we set ourselves and others on a great path to follow? And when we put ourselves last, we’re ahead of anyone who we want to shine a light for.
Lead Daily And Amass a Network:
Sometimes all you’ve to do in a new situation is to take initiative to be labeled as a leader. Even such quick decisions can be deliberate and comprehensive in action. Stephen R. Covey once said that leaders were made out of a result of their choices. Leadership is a choice. And it begins with the simple act of taking initiative.
The most important aspect of sounding like a leader is to think and act like one. That includes your presence. Remember names. Be engaged in the act of working together.
Embrace others as equal. Communicate that you’re inspired by others’ hard work and dedication to purpose. Show your heart. Keep your promises. Don’t play politics, no one will stick around.
Take Ownership And Inspire Hope:
Be courageous enough to take responsibility for setbacks. When you’re lost, acknowledge it. Seek help. Step on mistakes as if they’re stepping stones. Create an environment that’s coherent in its values.
Demonstrate curiosity, energy and passion in execution. Don’t have an attitude of mediocre in aiming for goals. Enjoy the journey of change and celebrate every small milestone along the way.
Share your message of perseverance and setbacks. Show what’s possible with dedication, integrity and a purpose in mind. Empower people with information, skills and strategies they need to perform optimally.
Seek Clarity And Show Commitment:
In life or profession, great leaders set intentions early on. They value tremendously the potential of their human capital.
Seek clarity of purpose in what you want to achieve. Simplify your message. Show others how the ideal end result would look like. Provide a path that’s efficient and effective. Now, sell your dreams.
Show up every day. Show your own commitment for personal excellence. Offer unconditional support to those around you, while setting clear expectations.
Humility Makes Us Irresistible:
As you work with others in a leadership role, remember to stop to ask if you can do anything better. Be ready to make mistakes and admit that you’re lost. Seeking help only makes you more human. You’re growing yourself. Encourage others around you to do the same.
Don’t discount the doorman or the janitor. Smile. Light up others’ lives if you expect them to bring their A game. Anyone can be a future prospect, so treat them with respect and fairness. Most importantly, other people have dreams and loved ones too, just like you.
Familiarize yourselves with others who are different than you. Great leaders are accessible enough to allow others to feel comfortable with sharing their thoughts and ideas. Use common sense. Other people have great ideas too.
Think Impact, Think Legacy:
We remember Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa and Gandhi because of their unwavering commitment to the betterment of the people they served. Don’t think profit, fame and money. Think impact. At the end of life, you won’t be counting the monies in your bank, but the number of lives that you’ve touched. Do positive things that make you immortal in the lives of those you’ve touched.
Learn to apply the principles of gratitude in life. We’re a product of the kindness of so many of us around us. Learn to recognize, remember and reciprocate. Recognize your and others’ emotions. while kindness is cool, treating others with equanimity is a super human quality.
Once in a while taking the focus away from your needs and wants can bring into focus what we can do for the community and the world. By connecting with others, we can share our gifts and positively change their lives. Connection brings meaning and purpose into our lives. Let’s learn how we can all positively impact the world.
Stop consuming and start creating. Share your own unique gifts and enhance the quality of yours and the ones around you. Start leading your life today!
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
On Top Of The World
Here Are The Steps To Massive Success
Define It, Be Intentional About It, Conquer It
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Part II: Continued from PART II HERE. * Signs Of Mental Health Issues: For some anxiety can be the "force that's pushing me about everything that's wrong." Then there's the sexual assault horrors that we are made aware of. "My ex boyfriend...
* Part I: Continued from PART I HERE. * Kids And Teens Speak Up: Kids and adolescents deal with mental health challenges differently. Kids want to isolate, and not tell anyone. Because in their little brains, things can be confusing and if...
* Sierra Nevada As A Witness: On the lookout point called Mirador de San Nicolás, I stood on the side waiting for someone to click a picture of our family. Our backdrop would be the Alhambra (one of the most famous monuments of Islamic architecture located in...
* An Antidote To Loneliness: We've all been there, we're in a relationship that sucks the life out of us. But, we somehow have to endure for the sake of keeping peace within the family or the workplace. And that's how life is - a combination of low quality and...
* The Epilogue: How Personal Identity Is Formed After A Lifetime Of Complying For Othershttps://youtu.be/KhzCZh-LgO0 * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * The Prologue: Resolve Identity Crisis At Any Age And Make Peace With Your...
* Here's an amusing fact about our lives. The intent behind every act of ours is either in anticipation of permanent relief or temporary alleviation of some sorrow. It's funny, isn't it? At a personal level when something or someone is giving us grief, it's...
* Our True Aspirations: If I ask you what you want in life, you might say, recognition, a handsome income, and a comfortable life. But, what about the most important reason why any of the things we want in life matter? Our personal freedom. Don't believe me?...
* As teachers and coaches, we all find ourselves in a situation where we must engage and connect with the kids in our care. Here are a few questions that will help as icebreakers when we need to get to know others. 1. In your opinion, what animal is the...
* Peace Or Possessions? As we age, we increasingly understand what truly matters in life. Not material wealth, not expensive jackets, not even real estate property that we carefully and deliberately acquired. As such, it is also increasingly difficult to let go...
* As a parent advocate trying to bring social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities, it’s so exciting for me to see what Fulton County is doing with 7 mindsets, Gwinnett with its 7 Habits of Successful Teens and Barrow county...
* Think Big But Start Small: Life's too short to play small. But, the overwhelm about any upcoming deadline or an audacious goal is often because we think we have to get it done all once. However, that doesn't have to be the case. We can learn to break down the...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!