Bitterness & Disappointment About Ourselves:
Hey, I will get to the point straight away. Here’s a question. If you won’t be your own mental warrior, who do you think will?
We all have stories. And some of us are carrying huge baggages from our past that make it impossible to stay in the present let alone contemplate a bright future. If we sit and pick on our wounds, there’s always an origin story for all our sadnesses (If that’s even a word).
Using Words To Make Peace:
Whatever the case might be, let’s try a few of these.
- This shit is not (entirely) my fault.
- I didn’t know how I could have changed his mind.
- My parents didn’t know any better.
- I tried my best given the situation.
- I am ok just the way I am.
- You don’t have to change the way you eat, smile and talk just so I can feel better about myself.
You get the point?
When our thoughts and feelings overwhelm us, we build defense mechanisms that will keep us from confronting the uncomfortable. We keep crawling back into comfort zones using anchors. Anchors like games, movies, or we start abusing alcohol and drugs. Because it’s too difficult to do anything else about how we feel.
How To Avoid Falling Back Into The Past:
Past is a different person. It would have done everything differently. So, let’s build our new self starting this moment. This is an outcome focused personal development challenge. So, I want you to engage with me.
Our bodies and minds are so important to act out the change we want in our lives. We can train ourselves to engage and drive the energy we bring to the message of change. Here are some daily actionable tips you can follow to change the narrative of your inner monologue.
• The simple aim is to be #BetterThanYesterday.
• Seek help and delegate.
• Create a shell with gratitude and intention.
• Practice non judgement.
• Define the roles you want to play.
• Are you on someone else’s agenda?
• Plan your day, so it doesn’t slip away and cause lack of control ideas and stress.
• Set an intention at the beginning of each day. Example: I choose to be happy.
• Write down your top 3 non negotiables every morning.
• Before you close our your night, write in your gratitude journal. What went well? Even the smallest wins of your day matter.
Be Your Own Mental Warrior:
Inspite of our trying our best, sometimes two kinds of thoughts are usually persistent. One that’s directed inward. “Can I do this? Am I capable of living a better life?” The answer is simple, have you tried doing something about it, like a 1000 times before giving up?
The second one is directed outward. “What will others think of me?” OK, this one is a good one. Sorry to burst your self obsession bubble, but I’m equally busy not really thinking about you. LOL.
If you’re 40, you have less than 14000 days left of your life, assuming you will live upto the current American life expectancy of 78 years old. But, nothing’s lost yet. Because, inspite of everything, you are here. You’re alive. So you must not just survive, but thrive. What are you waiting for? Take the reigns and charge ahead!
In the end, I want you to ask yourself “How badly do I want to live a good life?”
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
CONFIDENCE - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is CONFIDENCE as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On Unstoppable CONFIDENCE
What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in the universe. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais NinQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us...
The Ultimate Do’s And Don’ts Of Your Daily Speed And Efficiency – A Blue Print Of Productivity That Works
* DON'TS: There are many things we must not be doing in addition to be doing if we want to be productive in our daily lives. Here are a few things that we can add to our "Do not do" list 😉 Don't pretend like you've got everything under control especially when...
* Touch improves everything and can relieve us from a lot of miseries. It’s a physical need like sleep, exercise, and relationships and has the following benefits: • Touch strengthens our immune system significantly, while a lack thereof weakens it...
* Stage 1 Developing Awareness. The motivation for change begins with a sense that we aren't fulfilling our full potential in at least one area of our life. * Stage 2 Discovery. The discovery stage is where your conscious mind has located the...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* An Antidote To Loneliness: We've all been there, we're in a relationship that sucks the life out of us. But, we somehow have to endure for the sake of keeping peace within the family or the workplace. And that's how life is - a combination of low quality and...
* The Epilogue: How Personal Identity Is Formed After A Lifetime Of Complying For Othershttps://youtu.be/KhzCZh-LgO0 * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * The Prologue: Resolve Identity Crisis At Any Age And Make Peace With Your...
* I timed this, it's a 6 minute read. You're moving away. And here I am, while you are packing to leave, watching videos of drunk people doing dumb shit. All the while wondering what pressures you will have to succumb to as a freshman. At the same time, I tell...
* Our True Aspirations: If I ask you what you want in life, you might say, recognition, a handsome income, and a comfortable life. But, what about the most important reason why any of the things we want in life matter? Our personal freedom. Don't believe me?...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!