Children are the only ones that love us without judgment, celebrate our smallest victories and have their antennas up for our distress. Their uncanny attunement to their surroundings makes their emotional wealth seems prodigal. Their definition of daily success is already simplistic and filled with bursts of creativity. Let’s consider ourselves successful as parents if we are able to teach them to take time to imagine and become what they want to be. And to think of the possibility that what we do now with our children will make them a somebody, someday – and that it is up us, now, this minute, is a powerful thought.
Our most rewarding journeys as a parent happen in the most imperfect parenting moments. It’s foolish to think that the kids don’t notice our shortcomings, it’s just that they have accepted us with our imperfections.
Being present with them teaches us to be childlike with our thinking.
- That way we don’t rule anything out.
- Think really small, take baby steps, never answering anything big and don’t have to leave midway when things get overwhelming.
- We would go for the obvious rather than over-complicate every situation.
- Take into consideration things that other people might not think are reasonable.
- Have no preconceptions or biases.
- We would see ourselves for who we truly are, and not for what we aim our worth and success to be.
- We would cry one minute and laugh out loud the next.
- We would all engage in brainstorming, while no idea is a stupid one.
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
The Journey Of Our Life Can Be One That’s Filled With A Purpose. Here’s How To Find It.
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
There Are Two Reasons Why Children And Teens Misbehave. Find Out Now.
* The Underlying Reasons: There are two primary reasons why children misbehave. 1. They want attention. They want to feel recognized and their existence valid. If they are not getting enough nurture or care from their care givers, they don't understand why they...
Are Teenagers Really Narcissistic? Let’s Find Out.
* Teens Or Self Absorbed Hedonists? Teenagers are the most adaptive and private members of any age group. They quickly create and break friendships, join fashions, and demonstrate fierce allegiance to any political or popular ideology. Teenagers adore their...
The Dangers Of Comparison Traps And Helping Our Teens Lower Their Unrealistic Standards
* Choices Vs. Decisions: Usually, the main reason why we don’t like to make a choice quickly is because we fear missing out on the best option available or regretting our choice we make now. Also, how can we choose when we might need everything that is being...
The Complete Resource Guide To Rehab And Recovery For All Kinds Of Addictions
Addiction Rehab And Recovery For Teens, Adults And ParentsQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Aiming For Perfection Takes Us Away From The Now. Learn To Enjoy What Is.
* What Is Perfectionism: Perfectionism is the belief that if we live perfect, look perfect, and act perfect, we can minimize or avoid the pain of blame, judgment and shame. Perfectionism, in psychology, is a personality trait characterized by a person's...
Don’t Give Them Answers. Instead, Ask Powerful Questions To Coach And Lead Your Children.
* Don't Ask Closed Questions: Here are a few questions that require no elaboration. These kind of questions are called Closed questions. Closed questions are usually easy to answer as the choice of answer is typically a yes or no. And we all know that powerful...
How To Help Children Who Are Perfectionists?
* Tell your child they are loved because of who they are not because of who they can become. Encourage them to worry less and try better next time. Explain to them that excellence is a moving goal post and one must a. Inculcate a growth mindsetb. Find...
More Than Violence And Hunger, This Is What Hurts Children Emotionally
* The Still Face Experiment: Years ago, there was an experiment that was conducted by an American Developmental Psychologist named Edward Tronik called the Still Face experiment. Children as young as 1 year old are put in front of their mother who suddenly in...
Students Come With A Lot Of Learning Barriers. Greeting Them At The Door Helps.
* Priming For A Day Of Learning: Many children might enter the classroom with a variety of learning barriers. Some children come hungry, some after facing a tough morning with their bickering parents and some without any supporting resources or caring adults...
A Comprehensive List Of Social, Criminal, Physical and Mental Disorders Due To Tech Addiction
* There are 4 major repercussions of over use of technology. 1. Increase in anxiety.2. Decrease in our ability to attend and focus for extended periods of time.3. Boredom.4. New found ability to be unable to talk to anyone face to face. ~ Dr. Larry Rosen,...
How To Find Optimal Wellness Through Consistent Self-Improvement
* Not Surviving But Thriving: We all want to be our best selves. But how do we get there? It starts with small changes that can make a big difference. Here are some tips for finding optimal wellness through self-improvement. This listicle will sure fire charge...
Strategies and Apps to Help Your Child Master Their Homework Every Time
* Homework Does Have To Be A Chore: As parents, we want our children to be successful and responsible human beings, and we recognize that we must do our part to help them along that path. One area that can be trying for many is getting kids to do their...
A Guide to Addiction and Recovery for African Americans – How Different Cultures Cope
* * * Please call and talk to someone. You ARE precious. * American National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL): Suicide is the second leading cause of death for young people between 10 to 24. If you're anyone contemplating suicide, please know...
Restoring Proper Neurological Functions Amid The Rise Of Developmental Delays And Neurodevelopmental And Behavioral Issues
* The Rise Of The Anxiety And Aggression: In a recent workshop that I attended, Dr. Erica Basso of Precision Chiropractic, covered some very important topics regarding neurodevelopment and challenges such as ADHD, autism, sensory processing disorder, anxiety...
The Tools Of The Future Are Here – Explore The Generative AI Landscape
Open Your Mind, Grow Your Brain! Hey everyone welcome!Here are some FREE (most of them!) resources that will help you level up in your PERSONAL and PROFESSIONAL life! Build Your Potential. BECOME UNSTOPPABLE!* * * Generative AI Tools: There's not one day that goes by...
The Rule Of The Third – Help Yourself & Others To Progress Instead Of Being Stuck In Perfection
* https://youtu.be/BRJeK9Gkbqw * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * What Is The Rule Of The Thirds? We all feel this way, one third of our lives, we are feeling great, one third of it, not so much content about how things are,...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!