Our Daily Intentions:
Developing a perspective and a different outlook during overwhelming circumstances is one of the biggest gifts we can give to our children as parents.
We can start the day by using the inquiry method to rev up their brains to start thinking critically. Ask your children every morning, “What do you hope to aim for today? What new things do you plan to learn and try today?”
Charles F. Kettering quoted once, “High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.” And when we ask questions about their intent for the day and week, we’re setting our children up to believe in their capacity to do great things.
Personal Growth Factor:
Irrespective of how hard we work, how positive we try to be with what life throws at us, one thing is certain. Some things will always be out of our control. And, most things often don’t work out the way we want them to.
But, we can keep our sights on what matters to us. We can believe in our ability to survive, and our will to emerge out of the circumstances, stronger and better.
An Abundance Of Teaching Moments:
At the end of every evening, follow up with your children by sharing what you’ve learnt and what you’ve failed at that day. It can be any problem, at work or life, that you’re trying to find a solution to. Ask them, “What has been your personal growth factor like today?”
Every moment of our lives is a learning moment if we choose to look at our experiences in that light. Our daily life, especially as parents, teaches us to stay humble, that we don’t always have the answers and that we can best teach our children through our behavior than words.
But, we can lead by example to those who’re looking upto for answers during a crisis. We can keep calm, upskill and reskill ourselves for unleashing a new version of ourselves once we’re over our tough times. So, parents, here’s a challenge for you. Are you ready to die without doing EPIC sh*t?
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
Below are three nationally recognized Career Technology Student Organizations (CTSO’s). Learn about each of them below: * FBLA – Future Business Leaders of America: FBLA is the largest Career and Technical Student Organization in the world...
* Touch improves everything and can relieve us from a lot of miseries. It’s a physical need like sleep, exercise, and relationships and has the following benefits: • Touch strengthens our immune system significantly, while a lack thereof weakens it...
Social Emotional Learning And Mindfulness Here are ways kids can teach their brains to calm themselves and control their worries and stressors....
* Our Love And Hate Relationship With Tech: Technology is a complex thing. On the one hand, the ability of being anonymous, makes it difficult to track who's doing what. On the other hand, you can't be your most vulnerable self on it, because there are...
* From The Academic World To The Workforce: Entering the workforce straight out of high school can be both exciting and daunting. As you transition from the academic sphere into the professional world, it's crucial to consider a range of factors that can...
* The Good Citizen Initiative: We raise our teens with the singular goal of making them college application ready. But, in a world where every child is on the honor roll, young adults who are equipped with making big decisions now will thrive both in their...
* This is about Kingston and Lincoln, the two lovely boys I met at a beach in Panama City. At the end, I will also write about sea oats, that tall grass we see lining up beach shores. It's upto you to find the connection I'm making between them. * ...
* https://youtu.be/y9ChCzYFiSg * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: Survey Can Be Found HERE: https://www.nemours.org/well-beyond-medicine/what-s-worrying-america-s-kids-survey.html...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!