As we muddle our way through Corona, we seem to have forgotten how life was before. See, life was always unpredictable, and our daily lives were anything but normal and smooth.
So, why is our life so intolerable now? The thing is, Change and Uncertainty, the two major upheavals in anyone’s life, have come at the same exact time. And, that’s the problem.
But, all problems come with a range of solutions. We might not like those options, and don’t want to settle with the best case scenario possible, but there’s always a solution. And times like these need skills and not necessarily solutions.
An essential life skill called adaptability is what we can use to navigate change and uncertainty. It’s our determination to build a broad database of knowledge and backup plans. Adaptability is our planning that helps us visualize all possible scenarios and outcomes. It’s our understanding that we can use other people’s experience as a foundation for our knowledge.
Adaptability is a mindset because we can choose to tell ourselves that it’s okay to:
- Get started without knowing everything
- Not practice for all possible scenarios
- Not know what’s next
- Slow down
- Change course
- Seek help
- Say no
- Redefine success
- Change our mind
In the end, here’s what we know certainly about life’s uncertainty. We can never be certain about our future. We won’t have the full information now to plan effectively for what’s to come. Often we don’t have enough time to know everything for certain before we can act on our situation. There can be a number of likely outcomes we can predict, but won’t know the final one until after the fact.
Today, life might seem intolerable. But, hang in there friend. In the end, when we make it through alive, we will have each other. We can’t change our reality, but we can change our reaction to it. Taking our circumstances in stride and developing a winning mindset is in our hands. We can adapt and navigate so our reality becomes less painful.
And here’s the ultimate truth. We can be as old as the mountains and still be tense, urgent and uncertain about the future.
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Get The Skills
Skills You Will Need To Become A Great Problem Solver
Self Efficacy: How The Belief In Yourself Is The First Step Towards Goal Setting
* What Is Self Efficacy: The American Psychological Association defines Self-efficacy this way. "Self-efficacy refers to an individual's belief in his or her capacity to execute behaviors necessary to produce specific performance attainments (Bandura, 1977,...
Why Fear Death When It Can Be The Biggest Motivator Of All
* Our Relationship With Immortality: People who don’t know what to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon want to live forever. That’s the lure of immortality. All throughout our lives, we strive for wealth, fame, knowledge and happiness. We also long for immortality...
A To Z About Tech Behavioral Disorders, Managing Addictions, And Their Impact On Relationships And Productivity
* Our digital landscape is changing day after day. And here are some urgent burning questions along with their answers. Please click below to learn more. 1) Why is Technology Addiction or Digital Addiction a problem at all? Can’t I have my hobby or interest? 2)...
Why And How To Develop Resourcefulness
* It’s a fact that we will never have the time or the expertise to solve all of our problems. We must somehow then become creative with our problem solving capabilities. That's where the skill of resourcefulness comes into play. When we’re resourceful, we can...
Here’s How To Preserve A Keen Sense Of Wellbeing On A Daily Basis
* Let’s Define Wellbeing: As humans, we’re driven by this singular goal. What do you want in life? Ask anyone and surely most times it will be a “I just want to be happy!” So, let’s see how our happiness is determined by how we feel about ourselves on a daily...
Sometimes, The Punishment Doesn’t Have To Fit The Crime. It’s Time To Forgive Not Forget.
* As humans, we are naturally predisposed to being loving and compassionate. In this context, forgiveness is our path to being free. Don't believe me? Please, allow me to explain. Only when we experience evil, can we shine a light on our capacity to forgive....
Run, Hide Or Fight. Is That What Our Sweet America Has Come Down To?
* Our Nation Right Now: As I shopped at our local hardware store this morning, I was vary of fellow shoppers around me. I was watchful of the cars that were coming and going as I crossed the street from my parked car. There's something on my mind right now....
Training In Social Media Literacy Important Before Use Of Any Platform, Warns American Psychological Association (APA).
* https://youtu.be/p09IsNxhBxg * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.apa.org/topics/social-media-internet/health-advisory-adolescent-social-media-use * How We Engage Online: Lack of...
What Is Cyberloafing And How Does It Impact Our Productivity At Life And Work?
* We’ve Been Click Baited: Cyberloafing is staying glued to the internet for hours on end. It is the act of searching and scrolling through content whether we have an urgent need for it or not. It is where we are searching for random things online. Chances are...
Hit Hard By Chronic Loneliness? Here’s How To Take Charge And Help Yourself.
The Antidote To Loneliness Yes, there is joy, fulfillment, and companionship, but the loneliness of the soul in its appalling self-consciousness is horrible and overpowering. ~ Sylvia Plath Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email:...
A Sustainable And Scientific Approach Handbook To Positive Productivity
* Recover Fast And Often: If you want to be a productivity machine, there are few things you will have to consider. The first one is the obvious mindset change. That, even if we get distracted for a few moments in a day, all is not lost. We literally can...
Every Child Can Live To Their Ultimate Potential. Help Them With The 3 B’s.
* Early from childhood, our live and our circumstances determine our inherent human potential. For us to become productive and contributing members of society, there are three key factors that should work in our favor. The 3 B’s of reaching our highest...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!