Just A String Of Words?
A good poem demands the dignity to be understood. History repeats in its resounding words. Repetition is a poem’s strongest flavors.
Poems are words with life because they’re current and most urgent with their message to humanity. Yet, just the act of cracking up a book open while sitting down seems to show the world is in no turmoil.
Static words on a page can betray the blood and the violence of a poem on war. Only a poem has the power to make us feel vulnerable and powerful at the same time.
Words that fill the bottomless well of poetry are an antidote to our ego, humbling because there’s so much to be read that won’t fit into this lifetime of ours.
Humanity and Poetry:
A good poet gives us a snapshot of humanity or his personality as it unfolded at the time of penning the poem. Once a lonely person, before reading poems, we’re now a collection of people with shared experiences.
A poem’s introspection allows us to form our own opinion. It asks us difficult questions while making us weep because we realize someone else gets how it is to live this life. Intimate poetry shows us that those forbidden sins were not so secret and unique after all.
Next to prayer and the Rosary, poetry offers our greatest refuge. Rain even has a special way of giving our emotions the necessary vocabulary. How many of us closet poets have found comfort in the bursting of words on a blank sheet of paper?
A History Of How Memes Made Life Bearable:
As our attention spans shorten, how else can we find out what its like to be an independent women, live forbidden lives and experience immigrant stories if not sit down and try on their shoes for a few minutes?
We owe it to them who forged a path ahead of us to find out the truth and the events that make us come to this point in history. In the best case, we get to rehearse life through someone else’s story.
May the poet with the best word play win your heart.
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Best Book Recommendations And Reviews
Live life through the lens of others, imagine the impossible. Dwell in books.
14 Powerful Quotes From The Book, The Big Disconnect – Sustainable Family For The Digital Age
* Quotable Quotes From The Big Disconnect: Excerpts From the book, The Big Disconnect: Protecting Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age By Catherine Steiner-Adair EdD. It's a powerful reminder to understand how to protect childhood and family...
Books And Studies For Understanding Modern India And Its Vedic History
* Books By Indian Authors: Breaking India By Rajiv Malhotra & Aravindan Neelakandan Snakes in the Ganga: Breaking India 2.0 By Rajiv Malhotra & Vijaya Viswanathan India, that is Bharat: Coloniality, Civilization, Constitution By J. Sai Deepak Urban...
Learn To Be Miserable. Here Are The Best Ways To Combat Internal And External Resistance To Creativity.
* The below quotes are what make the book, The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles By Steven Pressfield, a Power house in our fight to the resistance to our craft. * In my younger days dodging the draft, I...
The Cracked Pot ~ An Inspiring Story Of Celebrating Our Flaws And Our Uniqueness
* A water bearer in China had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water. At the end of the long walk from the...
The Story Of The Drowning Man. God Can’t Help Those Who Can’t Help Themselves.
* * * * Our Personal Growth Momentum Welcome. You're here because you're interested in self development. It's simple to start. Tell yourself this every day. "A commitment to personal excellence, unwavering grit and relentless perseverance can only...
This Is What Gets In The Way Of Courage, Especially In The Workplace
* The Courage To Be Authentic: Here are a few important aspects of human behavior that get in the way of building courage and authenticity at the workplace. a. Avoiding tough conversations, we try to be overtly nice and polite. There’s lack of clarity,...
My Journey Into Robotics And The Influence Of Janusz Korczak On My Teaching
* “Children are not the people of tomorrow. But, they’re the people of today.” – Janusz Korczak, the man who wrote books like How to love a child, said. * It’s been my dream for years to do something to consciously create a better future where...
On How To Write. Writing Hacks, Compelling Story Telling And Essays On Life
On How To Write. Writing Hacks, Compelling Story Telling And Essays On Life “To me, a short story is a conversation between writer and reader, since only the writer can speak, she must take care to respect the reader, to avoid telling him what to think, to...
A Meaningful Excerpt From The Book, What Life Could Mean To You?
* The Dichotomy Of Life & Our Existential Angst: When our minds and hearts can’t put a finger on our deepest insecurities, a feeling called the existential angst is born. Unlike many of our seemingly fleeting emotions like sadness, hate and hurt, this...
Being Resilient: How The Worst Moments Of Our Lives Define Us Speech Highlights
* On the occasion of the National Gay Pride Month, I want to share some words from my journal from 2017. * 02/16/2017: I am madly writing down every single word that’s coming out of Solomon’s mouth. This is amazing. How can love be exclusive? It...
How To Be A Brilliant, Inspiring Public Speaker Who Can Move People To Act
* When Delivering a Speech: Always: INFORMEDUCATEand ENTERTAIN Be: EMOTIONALNOVEL For Verbal Delivery, Modulate Your: RATEVOLUMEPITCHPAUSES * Find your voice and inspire others to do likewise. To find your...
A Winner Never Quits. Really? It’s Time To Rewrite The Toxic Hustle Culture.
* There's a chapter in the book Think Like A Freak, by authors Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner, called The Upside Of Quitting. And it talks about how, from childhood, we're all culturally brainwashed on the negatives of quitting. Our culture values hard...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Spontaneity is the beauty of poetry. It catches true emotion!