Speed Bumpers Ahead:
We’re hurting right now. We’re uncertain about our immediate future. Some of us are juggling two jobs – being a full time employee and being a full time parent learning the ropes of digital learning. We’re dealing with a lot of stuff right now. In our suffering, we seemed to have found a common ground in our humanity.
But hasn’t that been the case for as long as we can remember? In our busy lives, we’ve always had stuff to deal with. Things were falling apart, marriages were ending, kids were getting sick and so much more. And when stuff falls apart, we pick up the pieces and move on. We try even more when times get trying, because we forget that there are many things out of our control.
When we keep this central idea within our eye sight, we don’t get overwhelmed. We stop repairing, fixing, trying to manage everything. We simply be.
There’s a beautiful saying that the rock is only heavy if you pick it up. It is to say that having passing thoughts of doom and gloom like a marquee scroll across your mind is OK. But, dwelling on them and making them linger to the point of dread is dangerous.
Give Yourself Permission:
We all crave a sense of order, balance and calm in a world of information overload. And in this daily pursuit, we find ourselves even more lost. By adopting a compassionate approach to ourselves, we can stop chasing the perfect version of life that doesn’t really exist. We can stop the overwhelm and anxiety that are byproducts of our daily grind. Here are few things we can do, starting with exhibiting self compassion.
Grab pockets of joy, even if they’re small and fleeting. You’ve earned them. Find meaning in what you do. You’re doing epic shit. OK, OK, you suck. But, you don’t suck everywhere, in every aspect of your life, do you? Well if you said yes, you my friend, have a problem which is beyond the scope of this article.
Inhale The Present:
Invisible things in our life can cause harm, terror and death. But there are also invisible things in nature that bring the warm of the sunlight to us, the blossoms of spring flowers and the joy that fills our hearts.
Get out. Look up to see the beauty that’s all around us. Some of the best things in life are free.
Find yourself in nature. The five elements, earth, fire, water, air and space, don’t seem to tell each other that in their own power, they stand alone, and are not really dependent on one another. They simply exist with unconditional trust, freedom and generosity in this shared space. We can learn to reserve our judgments, perceptions, and just be accepting and content. And that we’re blessed to someday disintegrate and become one with them.
Nurture Enduring Relationships:
Empathy is the single most factor that determines what kind of a contributing human, leader and adults we’ll be. What is Empathy? Empathy is how we treat absolute strangers. It is our ability to put ourselves in the situations that others are going through.
More than ever before, social and emotional learning – taking perspective, self awareness, appreciating similarities and differences in others – in addition to academic learning is more relevant now in the digital age where distractions and addictions are just a click, swipe and a hashtag away.
We’ve to ask our children how they would treat other people, why we have rules and what being respectful entails. We’ve to teach them the importance of respecting those that love them unconditionally. Fostering meaningful conversations and dialogue to see the other point of view is critical.
Foster Problem Solving:
The world will always keep changing and we will always have problems. That’s the only constant in our lives. Let’s teach our children how to design solutions to problems. We must teach them how to face obstacles and find the self motivation to keep going.
We must expose them to adversity and not hide them from it. How long can we keep safeguarding them from real life anyway? Life is not perfect all the time and the sooner they know it, the better they’re ready for it.
When faced with problems, giving them a perspective of the abundance they still have left is imperative. While arriving at a solution, the depth of their engagement and the journey are also part of the final solution.
When we combine our unique strengths as a team to use communication as a tool, make solid friendships, apply critical thinking and creativity to solve projects we build a productive global environment to thrive.
We become attune to others and we understand what moves them. When we’re keenly attune to others, we understand ideas from their perspective. Then we develop the ability to make a deep, meaningful impact in the lives of others. Together then, we are one humanity ready to solve any crisis. Because, every life’s worth fighting for!
The bottom line is to combat your irrational fears, you must become other focused. We must think of how we can contribute to the greater good. Will there be a nagging feeling of worry and fear in the back? Of course, there will be.
Because only when we step out of our comfort zone, we will experience crisis. If we want to prevent crisis AND exponential growth, we must stop taking calculated risks, simply stay in status quo and not aspire for our ultimate desired state.
Here’s how we can preserve our Personal wellbeing during Pandemics
Top Three Thoughts You Can Start With:
I Am Calm
There’s No Finish Line
I Will Control What I Can
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
COURAGE - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COURAGE as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COURAGE
* https://youtu.be/rMW3s2z9oss * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Works Cited: https://twitter.com/brokeymcpoverty/status/1017098515347066880 * * * What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in...
What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in the universe. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais NinQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us...
* Our Brains On Risks And Rewards: There are two aspects to our brain when it comes to trying out new things. One of them is the activation system and the other is the inhibition system. The activation system encourages us to do things based on potential...
* As humans, we all want to succeed, but often times, we don’t seem to know where to start. First let's establish a workable definition of success. Here’s my definition: “Success” is about working hard consistently, making difficult choices and outlasting my...
The Ultimate Do’s And Don’ts Of Your Daily Speed And Efficiency – A Blue Print Of Productivity That Works
* DON'TS: There are many things we must not be doing in addition to be doing if we want to be productive in our daily lives. Here are a few things that we can add to our "Do not do" list 😉 Don't pretend like you've got everything under control especially when...
* Stage 1 Developing Awareness. The motivation for change begins with a sense that we aren't fulfilling our full potential in at least one area of our life. * Stage 2 Discovery. The discovery stage is where your conscious mind has located the...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* The Evolution Of Work: The workforce is going to be impacted by three major areas of change and growth. Workforce transformation: From Baby boomers to Gen Z, there are many generations now in the workforce working next to each other. Tech modernization And...
* An Antidote To Loneliness: We've all been there, we're in a relationship that sucks the life out of us. But, we somehow have to endure for the sake of keeping peace within the family or the workplace. And that's how life is - a combination of low quality and...
* The Epilogue: How Personal Identity Is Formed After A Lifetime Of Complying For Othershttps://youtu.be/KhzCZh-LgO0 * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * The Prologue: Resolve Identity Crisis At Any Age And Make Peace With Your...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!