Life’s worth fighting for if we can see meaning in it. But, for many of us the gap between self-acceptance and self-embrace is a very long journey. We judge ourselves often, we can’t see value in what we do, and find it hard to battle self-doubt when we set out to accomplish something.
But it’s a route we must take if we plan to become caring and contributing citizens of the world. Along the way, there are many ways we can redeem ourselves every time we make a mistake.
Let’s begin by setting an intention of self-compassion as a prerequisite.
- Embrace gratitude for what you already have in life so far.
- Fill yourself up with abundance, not inadequacy.
- Label your emotions. Shame, fear, regret, guilt etc.
- Celebrate your strengths and understand your weaknesses.
- Not the past, not the future. Be in the present moment, enjoy it.
- Put that phone away and listen to what the silence is telling you.
- Forgive yourself. All the flaws, inside and out.
- Look to nature, spend time with it.
- Cut your losses. Don’t dwell in guilt, regret and disappointment.
- Get a perspective. What’s in your control and what’s not?
- If you end up digging into that chocolate cake, enjoy it!
- Now take a hike. Redeem yourself.
- Read stories. The underdog and his struggles make up the main plot.
- Pat yourself on the back. You’ve made it this far.
See, how none of the above have anything to do with anyone else but you. This might as well be a checklist in our personal evolution revolution. Embrace the resilient spirit and learn to live by abandoning fear, shame and judgment.
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
CONFIDENCE - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is CONFIDENCE as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On Unstoppable CONFIDENCE
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* An Antidote To Loneliness: We've all been there, we're in a relationship that sucks the life out of us. But, we somehow have to endure for the sake of keeping peace within the family or the workplace. And that's how life is - a combination of low quality and...
* The Epilogue: How Personal Identity Is Formed After A Lifetime Of Complying For Othershttps://youtu.be/KhzCZh-LgO0 * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * The Prologue: Resolve Identity Crisis At Any Age And Make Peace With Your...
* I timed this, it's a 6 minute read. You're moving away. And here I am, while you are packing to leave, watching videos of drunk people doing dumb shit. All the while wondering what pressures you will have to succumb to as a freshman. At the same time, I tell...
* Our True Aspirations: If I ask you what you want in life, you might say, recognition, a handsome income, and a comfortable life. But, what about the most important reason why any of the things we want in life matter? Our personal freedom. Don't believe me?...
* Here are a series of Strength essays by teenagers in a school in inner city Atlanta. * * * * * * * Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world...
* As teachers and coaches, we all find ourselves in a situation where we must engage and connect with the kids in our care. Here are a few questions that will help as icebreakers when we need to get to know others. 1. In your opinion, what animal is the...
* Peace Or Possessions? As we age, we increasingly understand what truly matters in life. Not material wealth, not expensive jackets, not even real estate property that we carefully and deliberately acquired. As such, it is also increasingly difficult to let go...
* As a parent advocate trying to bring social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities, it’s so exciting for me to see what Fulton County is doing with 7 mindsets, Gwinnett with its 7 Habits of Successful Teens and Barrow county...
* How Stress Shows Up: Sometimes stress doesn't disappear when you work on your adult coloring books or indulge in a one hour massage session. Joy only seems to last as long as that fun activity did. Stress is complicated, so the solutions must be elaborate and...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!