Tech parents love their children more than they love their customers:
Children of Big Tech entrepreneurs from eBay, Apple, Uber and Google attend Waldorf schools – where technology is not allowed on campus or in classrooms. Waldorf schools teach complicated concepts like the Sciences and math using story telling, hands-on activities and play. Their Wikipedia page says, “The overarching goal is to develop free, morally responsible, and integrated individuals equipped with a high degree of social competence.”
This is an excerpt from a The Times article written by British political journalist Alice Thomson, “Melinda Gates’ children did not have smart phones until they turned 14 and only used computer in the kitchen. Her husband Bill spends hours in his office reading books. Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg says he wants his daughters to read Dr. Seuss and play outside rather than use Messenger Kids. Even Steve Jobs strictly limited his children’s use of technology at home. The more money you can make out of the tech industry, the more you appear to shield your family from its effects.”
Question we must ask Silicon Valley:
If tech-free schools like Waldorf are the most sought after in Silicon valley and Billionaire Tech parents are hiding their children from technology, what are these parents not telling us about the urgent and aggressive manner in which Big Tech is being introduced across all public schools, homes and communities across the world?
Here is the status of the use of tech in homes and public places in America, as per the U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics. (2018)
“In 2015, about 71 percent of children ages 3 to 18 used the Internet. Among these children, 86 percent used the Internet at home; 65 percent used it at school; 31 percent used it at someone else’s home; 27 percent used it at a library, community center, or other public place; and 14 percent used it at a coffee shop or other business offering internet access. In addition, 27 percent of these children used the Internet while traveling between places.”
Awareness Is Empowerment:
Big Tech might recommend self regulation around tech. We all know children for that matter even adults don’t seem to have the discerning power and the ability to self discipline ourselves around technology. And as we by now know, its not entirely our lack of will power because we’re competing against Big Tech’s engineered addiction.
Tech moguls are giving their children books while they are handing our children the latest and the greatest smart phones. Why?
Here’s an open letter to Apple Inc. from JANA Partners LLC and the California State Teachers’ Retirement System in January of 2018. The letter demanded that research-backed studies be implemented to see the effects of constant screen time on child development. Make your own judgment call: https://thinkdifferentlyaboutkids.com
Affluent Parents Are At Risk Of Raising Children Who Can’t Cope On Their Own:
Photo ©: Mark Register
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
Whether It’s A Side Gig Or A Business, Here Are Strategies For Every Entrepreneur
Find Out How To Become An Entrepreneur Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Teens Need Self-Advocacy Skills To Thrive In The Real World. Parents Stop Helping Them.
* Questions To Ask To Teach Them Self-Advocacy: It should come as no surprise that, the more a child can self-advocate for themselves during their developmental years under our care, the better they thrive outside in the real world of college and job later on....
Peer And Parental Expectations. How Not To Crush Your Child’s Self Confidence And Self Esteem.
* Self Confidence Vs. Self Esteem? Wikipedia: The concept of self-confidence is commonly used as self-assurance in one's personal judgment, abilities, power, etc. The definition of self confidence of a child is not unilateral. Its determined based on a...
Before Decluttering Or Marie Condo-ing, Let’s Find The Roots Of Our Hyper Consumerism
* https://youtu.be/qk4IE5mbYi0 * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * How To Declutter Your Headspace And Arrive To CLARITY Check the resource HERE. * * * Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow...
A Guide To Addiction And Recovery For BIPOC – How Different Cultures Cope
* * * Please call and talk to someone. You ARE precious. * American National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL): Suicide is the second leading cause of death for young people between 10 to 24. If you're anyone contemplating suicide, please know...
4 Business Start-up Steps For Young Entrepreneurs In 2023
* Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs: For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this...
Have You Tiktoked It Yet? This Kind Of Social, Is It Trendy Or Just Toxic?
* https://youtu.be/BbMx1n7vBeo * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Have You Tiktoked It Yet? As Found on the internet: Young people are turning to TikTok rather than Google as a search engine. ‘I’ll TikTok it’ has already...
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
The Journey Of Our Life Can Be One That’s Filled With A Purpose. Here’s How To Find It.
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
There Are Two Reasons Why Children And Teens Misbehave. Find Out Now.
* The Underlying Reasons: There are two primary reasons why children misbehave. 1. They want attention. They want to feel recognized and their existence valid. If they are not getting enough nurture or care from their care givers, they don't understand why they...
Are Teenagers Really Narcissistic? Let’s Find Out.
* Teens Or Self Absorbed Hedonists? Teenagers are the most adaptive and private members of any age group. They quickly create and break friendships, join fashions, and demonstrate fierce allegiance to any political or popular ideology. Teenagers adore their...
The Dangers Of Comparison Traps And Helping Our Teens Lower Their Unrealistic Standards
* Choices Vs. Decisions: Usually, the main reason why we don’t like to make a choice quickly is because we fear missing out on the best option available or regretting our choice we make now. Also, how can we choose when we might need everything that is being...
The Complete Resource Guide To Rehab And Recovery For All Kinds Of Addictions
Addiction Rehab And Recovery For Teens, Adults And ParentsQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Aiming For Perfection Takes Us Away From The Now. Learn To Enjoy What Is.
* What Is Perfectionism: Perfectionism is the belief that if we live perfect, look perfect, and act perfect, we can minimize or avoid the pain of blame, judgment and shame. Perfectionism, in psychology, is a personality trait characterized by a person's...
Don’t Give Them Answers. Instead, Ask Powerful Questions To Coach And Lead Your Children.
* Don't Ask Closed Questions: Here are a few questions that require no elaboration. These kind of questions are called Closed questions. Closed questions are usually easy to answer as the choice of answer is typically a yes or no. And we all know that powerful...
How To Help Children Who Are Perfectionists?
* Tell your child they are loved because of who they are not because of who they can become. Encourage them to worry less and try better next time. Explain to them that excellence is a moving goal post and one must a. Inculcate a growth mindsetb. Find...
More Than Violence And Hunger, This Is What Hurts Children Emotionally
* The Still Face Experiment: Years ago, there was an experiment that was conducted by an American Developmental Psychologist named Edward Tronik called the Still Face experiment. Children as young as 1 year old are put in front of their mother who suddenly in...
Students Come With A Lot Of Learning Barriers. Greeting Them At The Door Helps.
* Priming For A Day Of Learning: Many children might enter the classroom with a variety of learning barriers. Some children come hungry, some after facing a tough morning with their bickering parents and some without any supporting resources or caring adults...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!