The 7 Sacred Directions of Life:
In the Native American way, there are 7 sacred directions of a life’s journey. There are the 4 cardinal directions representing the different stages in his life and there’s the sky above and the earth below and the 7th direction which is his journey inward.
1. The East is a place of enlightenment and understanding. Like the sun that rises in the East bringing wonder and amazement for this magnificent earth.
2. The South is place of beginnings. Like the grass underneath our feet that begins to grow.
3. The West is for the earth. Darkness comes when we turn westward. That’s where there is silence.
4. The North is the direction of the future. It shows us a place of knowledge and intellect of those that have come before us.
5. Mother Earth: Sit and rest yourself solidly on the earth. Feel its physical reality grounding you. Feel its vibrations as if they were your own heart beat and acknowledge that it sustains life.
6. Father Sky: Lift your head towards the sky and experience connecting with the miracle of the universe. Let its energy flow through you to the earth.
7. The Center is our journey inward to the core of our being. When Native Americans talk about standing at the center, it means that they acknowledge that where they are in life at that time is the sum total of every action, decision and reaction that they ever made that has brought them to that point. That means they are taking responsibility for where they are in life. When you start doing that you become a conscious creator of the world that you live in. And to journey into these directions with our spirit, we need to be still.
The Native American Wisdom:
There’s an Ojibwe prayer among the Anishinabe people that says that, “Of all the living things on the earth, it is only the 2 legged ones that are broken.” We are the ones who are causing all the problems on the earth. We are not doing enough to understand the circle of life and the ecosystems around us, and what we are doing and destroying for our own physical survival here on this earth. We live in a dualistic society, and we talk about earth’s environment as if it is something that’s out there. But its not something that’s outside of us. The Native American wisdom teaches that everything on this earth has a spirit and a purpose. Clouds, water, stones, they’re all living things along with us human beings makes the Earth. Don’t insulate yourself from the beauty of the natural world. Whatever you choose to do on this earth must be done in consideration for the rest of the living beings including 7 generations into the future. That’s the Native American way.
The below Native American flute symphony is a blend of natural sounds and silence that takes you to a state of deep meditation and connection with nature.
Native American flute symphony:
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
CLARITY - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is CLARITY as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On CLARITY
* Which Me Should I Be? In the real world, unless it's Halloween, it should be pretty clear who I am. But, when it comes to the online world, I can be a penguin, a zombie or a ninja. I can have a screen name like SexyKitten or AngryBoy. I can make up screen...
* The areas in which a human self-sabotages himself or herself on a daily basis are endless. Judgement, anxiety, fear, regret, stress, shame, grace, expectations, perfection, self-doubt, bias, vices, time management etc. and so much more. * Cultivate...
* As humans, we all want to succeed, but often times, we don’t seem to know where to start. First let's establish a workable definition of success. Here’s my definition: “Success” is about working hard consistently, making difficult choices and outlasting my...
Social Emotional Learning And Mindfulness Here are ways kids can teach their brains to calm themselves and control their worries and stressors....
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!