We’ve more in common than we don’t:
Take a look around you, and you’ll see that we’re all driven by the same needs as humans. The feeling of belonging, the need to matter, and a cause to impact and give. But, we’re also starting to live more fragmented and lonely lives.
The feeling of being accepted is very important for our mental wellbeing. It can shape how we value ourselves and our strengths. A family, our first ever relationship experience, helps shape the values and beliefs we stand for.
How Children Learn:
However, most of us don’t want the family we have. Most of us wonder if we fit into the traditional definition of family. Families look so different than how they were just a few years ago. Whether its one or many people in ours, it doesn’t matter. Its our own family.
What matters is how our family functions, because children learn the art of brotherhood from this inside unit to the outside unit of the world. We can never prepare our children for what will get thrown at them, but we can teach them the skills of self reliance, negotiation and personal values through our daily interactions. Instead of feeling betrayed by their individuality and idealism, we can encourage them to carve their own path instead of becoming our clones.
We get mad, we forget, we argue, we envy, we procrastinate, we forgive, we love. That’s why we can be friends.
When we combine our unique strengths as a team to use communication as a tool, make solid friendships, apply critical thinking and creativity to solve projects we build a productive global environment to thrive.
When we’re attune to others, we understand what moves them. When we’re keenly attune to others, we understand ideas from their perspective. When we understand different perspectives, we have the ability to make a deep, meaningful impact in the lives of others. Together then, we become one humanity.
Get Them Young:
Children come into classrooms with different home circumstances, cultural differences, learning abilities and concerns. But there’s a common thread that connects us coaches and children. And it’s what makes us all human. Our need to make deep personal connections, our eagerness to matter and our aspiration to solve challenges are things that make us all the same.
Character is more important than accomplishments. When children hear these words when they’re young, a shift happens in the way they think about how to operate in the world as they grow into adults. At FutureSTRONG Academy, we’re not fixing issues, but we’re building a foundation of personal values and principles.
Collaboration in Classrooms:
In a society where individualism is cherished, children with a teamwork spirit understand that there’s power in striving towards a common goal and enjoying the fruits of labor together.
Collaboration styles can be incorporated in different ways in a classroom. Ask them to create a shared document and multiple students edit and review it. Ask them to create a play, develop multiple characters and write dialogues for the story line.
Collaboration teaches children to respect others’ strengths. It helps them understand the types of interactions that don’t work. It shows them that effective teamwork is the one that operates within a framework of agreed upon guidelines. Overall, teamwork helps children see the value in relationships and how contribution and collaboration can lead to personal fulfillment.
Our Collective Craving:
Bottom line. You’re driven by the need to BELONG, MATTER and make an positive IMPACT. So is everyone else. If by ourselves, we can make such a positive impact on our loved ones and strangers loved and matter, what can we all do collectively as a world?!
Let’s plan ways to our planet sustainable and our lives enduring. Let’s build relationships that light our passion on fire and help our inner spirit to thrive. By surrounding ourselves with fellow dreamers who believe that they too can change the world, we can create a unified breathtaking future.
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The Skill Of People Management And Conflict Resolution
COLLABORATION - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COLLABORATION as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COLLABORATION
* A New Year, A New Pivot: Life coaching stands at the forefront of transformation and empowerment as we usher in the new year. This article navigates the profound impact of good branding in life coaching, shedding light on the dynamic shifts within the...
What Will You Do? If you've got one chance to make a dent in the universe. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais NinQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us...
* We've all seen the naughty kids, the tantrum throwers and the belligerent ones. But, here's the thing though. Children are not aware of or able to articulate the real reasons behind their actions, especially if they have behavioral and emotional difficulties....
The Ultimate Do’s And Don’ts Of Your Daily Speed And Efficiency – A Blue Print Of Productivity That Works
* DON'TS: There are many things we must not be doing in addition to be doing if we want to be productive in our daily lives. Here are a few things that we can add to our "Do not do" list 😉 Don't pretend like you've got everything under control especially when...
Below are three nationally recognized Career Technology Student Organizations (CTSO’s). Learn about each of them below: * FBLA – Future Business Leaders of America: FBLA is the largest Career and Technical Student Organization in the world...
* For parenting to be effective, we need to first understand and adjust our mindset. What are our fears for our children, do we love them for who they are or what they're capable of becoming? What do we truly want as parents? Let's look at a few things we do...
* What Is Positive Mental Health? When we're talking about mental health, we must go beyond psychopathology. Psychopathology is mental illness. How to check for positive mental health? Answering the question once in a while if "I'm doing everything I can in my...
* Here’s a checklist of all the life skills a high schooler must be exposed to before he or she is sent off to college. Why a checklist? High achieving youth are fast becoming the biggest “at-risk” group of the world. With a weak resilience muscle and a lack of...
* Talk about a global impact! The thousands of meals packaged at your Rise Against Hunger Experience will provide nourishment for those who need it most. In Gokwe North, Zimbabwe, there was a school dropout rate of 40% due to socioeconomic challenges from low...
* The Evolution Of Work: The workforce is going to be impacted by three major areas of change and growth. Workforce transformation: From Baby boomers to Gen Z, there are many generations now in the workforce working next to each other. Tech modernization And...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!