What’s There To Learn From Animals?
Observe a group of zebras grazing in an open landscape while a lion comes and attacks one of them. The moment the lion begins dragging away the fallen zebra, the rest of the zebras will promptly get back to grazing. As if nothing horrific had just happened a few moments ago. Animals, unlike humans, can effortlessly live in the moment. They don’t spend time depressed about the past or anxious about the future.
A mother giraffe who has just given birth to its calf will kick the shit out of it. Not once, not twice, but until the baby giraffe fully stands up on its wobbly legs and is ready to follow the mother into the wild. It’s a dangerous world out there and the mother giraffe makes sure her baby is equipped to face it. How many of us actually allow our children to learn and not spoon feed them our own ideologies and theories about the real world?
If animals can be themselves, why can’t we be humans?
Guiding And Coaching Our Children:
Let’s be real. We can’t be there to guide our children forever. What we can do is to empower them to solve their own problems and to find their own happiness.
That’s why our school, FutureSTRONG Academy, provides a makerspace for our children. Through our makerspace studio, we create a collaborative environment where children can explore and share their ideas. Our fun programs alternate between physical and mental activities to give little minds an opportunity to explore their strengths and interests, helping them to carve out a life they want.
You can adopt the same philosophy at home. Don’t rescue unless its a life and death situation.
Fragile Children In Our Modern World:
When we as parents are afraid to say “No” or to give permission to our children to fail, we set up their lives for inevitable failure. This is harsh advice for many to hear, but, please parents, listen up.
REMOVE THE BUBBLE WRAP.
Let them walk in your neighborhood to their friend’s house. Open a bank account for them and allow them to make a sale with the cashier. If they’re in a squabble with their siblings, allow their feelings “to get hurt”. Or now that fall’s arriving, allow them to blow those dead leaves for you.
The idea is simple. Don’t build a fort of protection around them, because it’s unreasonable to think we can be their safekeepers forever. Look around you, so many children from previous generations are not so good at “Adulting”, missing all age appropriate milestones these days. Let’s begin by teaching them that a life without a trophy is not supposed to be traumatic.
How To Parent For Empowerment:
Here are two ways you can save time and actually enjoy being a parent.
Cut your losses:
So you didn’t read a book and tuck the kids into bed tonight or were not able to pack lunch that morning. Cut your losses and move on. Make tomorrow a better day! Try this. Lower your expectations for how you plan to spend your evening and think of the top three things that you’ll do with your children. Keep the list short, simple and stress free. Once you’ve accomplished those simple things, you’ll motivate yourself to keep going all evening on fun, engaging activities for the entire family.
Empower your children:
You don’t always need to rush over to help. Instead, help them understand the consequences of their actions and make better choices. Our goals should be to empower them to believe in themselves and to help them realize their highest potential. If they can’t accomplish small goals, how can we expect them to be successful at their real life big goals?
In The End, Only Happiness Counts:
OK, Let us think of all the things that kids need to be happy.
- A little place to hide so you go seek them.
- Someone to listen to their jokes and ideas.
- Someone to hug them unconditionally.
- A loved one play hide and seek with them and laugh with them afterward.
- Some to tap their shoulder, look into their eyes and tell them how much they mean to them.
- A trinket on the street.
- A pet.
- Or a device with internet.
- A bedtime story
Turns out, it’s not that much. And, which ones out the above are actual things, and which ones are experiences??
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
These Studies Show The Dangerous Effects Of Distracted Parents On Children’s Wellbeing
* Hyper-Connected Parents; Dis Connected Progeny: Our children are addicted and so are we, that's the tragic situation of our world in the digital disruption age. We would rather be somewhere else rather than in the present moment, atleast that's what our...
7 Habits of Highly Successful Teens
* 7 Areas Of Growth: Here are 7 areas in which teens can work to improve their ultimate potential. 1. Organization2. Time management3. Skill growth4. Mindset management5. Stress management6. Sleep management7. Screen distraction management * Top Mindsets...
4 Wellness Essentials for Parents and Caregivers
* Child Care Doesn't Have To Be Stressful: Being a parent or caregiver can be an incredibly rewarding role, but there’s no denying that it isn’t an easy one. According to a new poll by the Pew Research Center, about four in ten parents (41%) in the US say...
Here’s How To Preserve A Keen Sense Of Wellbeing On A Daily Basis
* Let’s Define Wellbeing: As humans, we’re driven by this singular goal. What do you want in life? Ask anyone and surely most times it will be a “I just want to be happy!” So, let’s see how our happiness is determined by how we feel about ourselves on a daily...
How Positive Action Can Curb The Epidemic Of Gun Violence And Mass Shootings
Ahimsa - The Principle Of Non Violence Gun Safety Laws To Curb Mass Shootings “We can choose to be hopeful, try and possibly fail or not be hopeful, give up and definitely fail.”— David Hogg, cofounder and board member at March For Our LivesQuestions, just...
Sometimes, The Punishment Doesn’t Have To Fit The Crime. It’s Time To Forgive Not Forget.
* As humans, we are naturally predisposed to being loving and compassionate. In this context, forgiveness is our path to being free. Don't believe me? Please, allow me to explain. Only when we experience evil, can we shine a light on our capacity to forgive....
Run, Hide Or Fight. Is That What Our Sweet America Has Come Down To?
* Our Nation Right Now: As I shopped at our local hardware store this morning, I was vary of fellow shoppers around me. I was watchful of the cars that were coming and going as I crossed the street from my parked car. There's something on my mind right now....
Is It OK To Allow My Child To Play Roblox? ~ Answered.
* Is Roblox Safe? Hello Parents, if you are one of those who is wondering if Roblox is a safe and enriching game for your children, here are a few key points to consider. I have broken them down into three categories. First build Awareness about the eco...
Legalization Of Marijuana Will Not Help The Teen Mental Health Epidemic. Studies Prove It.
* Effects of Marijuana and How Parents can Help: Why is it important for parents to be informed about marijuana? Young people who use marijuana are 4 to 7 times more likely than adults to become addicted to marijuana; however, the longer teens and young...
The Effects Of Menopause On The Brain And Causes For Inflammation, Brain Fog And Neurodegeneration
* https://youtu.be/r8Wtrg8aIfE * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-01474-3 * Book Recommendations: What Fresh Hell Is This?: Perimenopause, Menopause, Other...
Training In Social Media Literacy Important Before Use Of Any Platform, Warns American Psychological Association (APA).
* https://youtu.be/p09IsNxhBxg * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.apa.org/topics/social-media-internet/health-advisory-adolescent-social-media-use * How We Engage Online: Lack of...
What Is Cyberloafing And How Does It Impact Our Productivity At Life And Work?
* We’ve Been Click Baited: Cyberloafing is staying glued to the internet for hours on end. It is the act of searching and scrolling through content whether we have an urgent need for it or not. It is where we are searching for random things online. Chances are...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!