The Golden words that every child should hear:
As adults, we don’t consciously draw a line at where we will stop in pushing our children. Its when we as parents don’t strike a balance with our expectations, our children suffer.
Once in a while, tell your child, “Sweetheart, you’re good enough.” Irrespective of whether they seem to be listening or not, tell your child over and over again, “I believe in you. My goal is to see you realize your highest potential.”
Here are a few strategies that we can practice while enabling our children to follow their potential and achieve their goals.
Applaud your child’s curiosity and their drive to understand things and customs around them. Explain cultural contexts patiently.
Embrace their uniqueness:
There’s a reason why diverse teams in Global companies are successful. Let your child explore her strengths.
Practice self compassion:
Share tips on how to boost self confidence. “Smile. Dress well. Assume no one’s judging, because no one can really.” Give honest and a compassionate review of tasks your children have completed.
Take their opinion:
When you’re grocery or clothes shopping with your child, ask him to choose one item over another, and then let him explain his preference. Show him that his ideas matter.
Understand his environment:
The school provides a safe place for making and learning from their mistakes. Don’t be in denial about the influence his school and peers have on him. A majority of his waking hours are spent at school.
Assess where she stands. Is your child capable of what you’re pushing him to aim for? Does he have the potential for it? Don’t discipline them by: shaming, inducing guilt and withdrawing hugs and smiles.
How much quality time are you spending with your child, without any distractions? Thank them for their time when they agree to go for a bike ride with you.
Even for the low grade in that test, encourage and positively reinforce them to do better next time. Better yet, offer them help with their pain points. Reveal to them about stress and complexity of real life. Let them see all sides of you.
Inculcate the terms of self advocacy in your child. Tell them how they deserve to be treated no matter what the circumstance. They have to be taught how to ask for what they deserve.
Demonstrate unconditional love:
As a parent once you’ve set expectations, boundaries and consequences tell your child how much you love them. Tell the how managing deadlines and obligations is necessary for self preservation and growth.
Allow them to explore their own solutions when its not a life and death situation. If the task if hard, encourage them to fail. Failing simply means they’ve found out all the different ideas that won’t work for them to achieve their goal.
When a mistake turns into an unacceptable outcome, tell them, “There’s a way to figure out how we can do the right thing to get yourself out of further damage.” Be there without judgment, that means a great deal for them.
Ask them feedback about how you’re doing as a parent. Tell them your goal is to raise happy confident children who realize and reach for their full potential.
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
Teens Need Self-Advocacy Skills To Thrive In The Real World. Parents Stop Helping Them.
* Questions To Ask To Teach Them Self-Advocacy: It should come as no surprise that, the more a child can self-advocate for themselves during their developmental years under our care, the better they thrive outside in the real world of college and job later on....
Peer And Parental Expectations. How Not To Crush Your Child’s Self Confidence And Self Esteem.
* Self Confidence Vs. Self Esteem? Wikipedia: The concept of self-confidence is commonly used as self-assurance in one's personal judgment, abilities, power, etc. The definition of self confidence of a child is not unilateral. Its determined based on a...
Before Decluttering Or Marie Condo-ing, Let’s Find The Roots Of Our Hyper Consumerism
* https://youtu.be/qk4IE5mbYi0 * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * How To Declutter Your Headspace And Arrive To CLARITY Check the resource HERE. * * * Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow...
A Guide To Addiction And Recovery For BIPOC – How Different Cultures Cope
* * * Please call and talk to someone. You ARE precious. * American National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL): Suicide is the second leading cause of death for young people between 10 to 24. If you're anyone contemplating suicide, please know...
4 Business Start-up Steps For Young Entrepreneurs In 2023
* Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs: For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this...
Have You Tiktoked It Yet? This Kind Of Social, Is It Trendy Or Just Toxic?
* https://youtu.be/BbMx1n7vBeo * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Have You Tiktoked It Yet? As Found on the internet: Young people are turning to TikTok rather than Google as a search engine. ‘I’ll TikTok it’ has already...
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
The Journey Of Our Life Can Be One That’s Filled With A Purpose. Here’s How To Find It.
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
There Are Two Reasons Why Children And Teens Misbehave. Find Out Now.
* The Underlying Reasons: There are two primary reasons why children misbehave. 1. They want attention. They want to feel recognized and their existence valid. If they are not getting enough nurture or care from their care givers, they don't understand why they...
Are Teenagers Really Narcissistic? Let’s Find Out.
* Teens Or Self Absorbed Hedonists? Teenagers are the most adaptive and private members of any age group. They quickly create and break friendships, join fashions, and demonstrate fierce allegiance to any political or popular ideology. Teenagers adore their...
The Dangers Of Comparison Traps And Helping Our Teens Lower Their Unrealistic Standards
* Choices Vs. Decisions: Usually, the main reason why we don’t like to make a choice quickly is because we fear missing out on the best option available or regretting our choice we make now. Also, how can we choose when we might need everything that is being...
The Complete Resource Guide To Rehab And Recovery For All Kinds Of Addictions
Addiction Rehab And Recovery For Teens, Adults And ParentsQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Aiming For Perfection Takes Us Away From The Now. Learn To Enjoy What Is.
* What Is Perfectionism: Perfectionism is the belief that if we live perfect, look perfect, and act perfect, we can minimize or avoid the pain of blame, judgment and shame. Perfectionism, in psychology, is a personality trait characterized by a person's...
Don’t Give Them Answers. Instead, Ask Powerful Questions To Coach And Lead Your Children.
* Don't Ask Closed Questions: Here are a few questions that require no elaboration. These kind of questions are called Closed questions. Closed questions are usually easy to answer as the choice of answer is typically a yes or no. And we all know that powerful...
How To Help Children Who Are Perfectionists?
* Tell your child they are loved because of who they are not because of who they can become. Encourage them to worry less and try better next time. Explain to them that excellence is a moving goal post and one must a. Inculcate a growth mindsetb. Find...
More Than Violence And Hunger, This Is What Hurts Children Emotionally
* The Still Face Experiment: Years ago, there was an experiment that was conducted by an American Developmental Psychologist named Edward Tronik called the Still Face experiment. Children as young as 1 year old are put in front of their mother who suddenly in...
Students Come With A Lot Of Learning Barriers. Greeting Them At The Door Helps.
* Priming For A Day Of Learning: Many children might enter the classroom with a variety of learning barriers. Some children come hungry, some after facing a tough morning with their bickering parents and some without any supporting resources or caring adults...
A Comprehensive List Of Social, Criminal, Physical and Mental Disorders Due To Tech Addiction
* There are 4 major repercussions of over use of technology. 1. Increase in anxiety.2. Decrease in our ability to attend and focus for extended periods of time.3. Boredom.4. New found ability to be unable to talk to anyone face to face. ~ Dr. Larry Rosen,...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!