Will debates work if there is no action?
16-year-old school shooting survivor, Lyliah Skinner, asked a question about gun access to teens: “As our legislators and leaders, they shouldn’t be offering prayers and words, because those mean nothing. We need action, because action is going to change what’s happening. I would ask them if kids aren’t even allowed to purchase alcohol, then how are we allowed to buy guns at the age of 18 or 19?”
We can debate all we want about gun control, but there’s an underlying problem that we need to work on along with fighting our gun laws.
Some horrifying statistics before we continue: There has been a school shooting every 60 hours this year. This is our 18th shooting already and we’re not even half way through February.
How to identify children with a propensity to violence:
Research shows warning signs occur in more than 80% of violent incidents. If your child or any child you know exhibits any of these tendencies with increasing violence, its time to act. Remind yourself and others in your life that if they “See something, Say something.”
- Engages in bullying in school
- Doesn’t back away from confrontation
- Is unusually detached and lacks emotions
- Aggressive and non compliant towards adults
- Can kill bugs and little animals easily
- Plays violent video games for long hours
- Has been a victim of bullying
- Is perceived as a loner
- Quickly becomes enraged, exhibits mood swings
- Doodles violent images and writes violent essays
- Incites violence to control others
- Demonstrates intolerance for others different than him or her
- Has different behaviors when on and off medications
- Abuses alcohol or drugs
- Talks about committing violent acts
- Has hateful and violent messages on social media profiles
- Has a background of parental neglect and abuse
- Disrespects authority and others’ property
- Has poor academic performance
Major Take Away:
Not every violent child will end up being a school shooter. But every broken child will bring about a destruction that’s far greater than anyone of us fathom.
Columbine Sorry Letter: By Sue And Tom Klebold:
Evan, The Sandy Hook Promise:
Here’s a video that the parents of the Sandy Hook massacre have created to bring awareness to know the warning signs of violence before it hits hard:
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
For Your Spiritual, Mental And Psychological Wellness
Here Are Free Resources For Children, Teens, Adults And Parents
* Starting All Over? People relocate to different cities and states for various reasons. Relocating as a young single person has its own challenges, but if you are moving with kids, the process is more complicated. Regarding the kids, there are issues like...
* On a daily basis, there are things that intentionally and unintentionally happen that break us from within. Because of what others do to us or what we do ourselves, we form a self-narrative of who we are in the eyes of ourselves and others. We forget that we...
* * * If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility. ~ H.W.Longfellow, Poet * Each one of us has experienced letting go in one way or another in our lives....
Gender Identity Or Gender Politics? Is It Possible To Look At The Gender Crisis Of The Social Media Generation With An Objective Lens?
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlaoB07CiIs * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Works Cited https://dailycaller.com/2022/06/14/influencers-lure-kids-transgender-lifestyle-youtube-social-media/...
* I reached the pinnacle of #success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is the epitome of success. However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, my wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to. At this moment, lying on my bed...
* * * Please call and talk to someone. You ARE precious. * American National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL): Suicide is the second leading cause of death for young people between 10 to 24. If you're anyone contemplating suicide, please know...
* I asked a friend who has crossed 70 & is heading towards 80 what sort of changes he is feeling in himself? He sent me the following: 1. After loving my parents, my siblings, my spouse, my children and my friends, I have now started loving myself....
* A World Of Suffering? If our lives were stories, we would all live in a world where we would create problems, resolve conflicts and come up with some spectacular solutions. We would give the protagonist a world of suffering to endure and make sure he/she...
* Signs Of Something Terrible: Around the house, and around you, there can be unmistakable signs of tech addiction. You have no interest in what's happening around you. You're lying to yourself about how much you use your phone. The first obvious sign is that...
* Georgia Mental Health Hotlines: If you are experiencing an emergency, please seek immediate assistance and/or call 911. For your convenience, someresources are listed below. Georgia Crisis & Access Line1-800-715-4225mygcal.comHelp is available...
* We live in a world inundated with devicesCooing birds, rustling leaves nothing entices. Laughter of kids at play and oldies on bench seem far offAsk some one to go with you for a walk, invite a scoff. Neighbors, friends, even own brothers pass byNo one looks...
* Internet Addiction / Screen Dependency Disorders can be broadly divided into two types: Compulsive and Problematic. * Do You’ve a Digital Addiction Problem? Find out HERE if you do. * Compulsive Work Addictions: Compulsive...
Online Shopping Addiction Or BSD Is Easy In A World of Instant Shipping. But, Where Do You Draw The Line?
* What Is BSD? Anything on the internet where money is traded for goods or services can be categorized as online shopping. Online shopping turns into BSD - Buying Shopping Disorder, when the nature of our gambling, trading stocks, attending online auctions,...
Can Our Use Of Technology And Devices Become A Source Of Our Digital Addictions? Yes, And Here Are 6 Aspects To Prove It.
* A Disease Of Fatal Distraction: Imagine I was a patient and you're the doctor. I come with you with what has been troubling me. "Doctor, I can’t seem to focus on finishing a book, I lose interest in movies a few minutes into them, and feel long conversations...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!