Who Is An Ideal Parent?
Ideal parents empower their children to believe in themselves and encourage them to realize their highest potential. An ideal parenting scenario is being the best parents we can be, while keeping our cool factor intact. An ideal parent:
- Is one who’s emotionally available, gives freedom with limits, and loves unconditionally while setting clear expectations.
- Encourages good behavior and models his own behavior into the ideal one he expects his child to follow.
- Empowers the child to build skills and courage while watching them from the sidelines.
An ideal parent also,
- Makes his children feel like they matter.
- Is inclusive of the child while making decisions involving the child’s future.
- Is genuinely curious about the child’s thoughts and ideas.
- Hugs first and asks questions later.
- Doesn’t create the terror of high and unrealistic expectations for their children.
- Doesn’t show their disappointment when his child fails to meet expectations.
- Encourages her child by sharing the stories of her own struggles.
- Realizes that its a big deal for his child who wasn’t invited to sit with friends at lunch.
- Values his child’s opinions and abilities.
- Recognizes the child’s natural aptitude and encourage them in that direction.
- Lets children sort things among themselves and doesn’t jump into rescue.
- Respects the individuality of a preteen as they start to pull back from them.
- Is a consistent, predictable and responsive care giver.
- Is present for the child first without judgment and next within reason.
- Educates her child in academia, morality, emotion and spirituality.
- Listens to the child with her heart and puts herself in the child’s shoes.
- Is not overwhelmed with real life and spends 2 minutes for a bed time story.
- Doesn’t believe that every activity has to be for the child’s enrichment.
- Believes that for a child’s optimal growth, there must be room for horseplay.
Why Can’t We All Parent The Ideal Way?
We often find ourselves in conflict to be in the moment. When our needs and desires, as we’re experiencing them, are not met in the immediate future, conflict arises.
Our rational mind is telling us that something must be done in the real time that we’re in. At the same time, our emotional and physical needs are telling us that we must be doing what we enjoy.
Then there are factors that are out of our control.
Our businesses might be collapsing. And our lives might be revolving around money that we don’t have enough of. But how sad is it if children are the victims of the crises that the adults in their lives are experiencing?
From the father, a child learns the attitude of perseverance and hard work. From the mother, a child learns to believe in the institution of love and nurture. But most family units now don’t follow traditional definitions of the by gone times. Many families are disjointed. But, having a simple definition of the modern family can help. “A family is all the people who live collectively in a household.”
Some adults who’re parents now have grown up with adverse childhood experiences, like physical abuse and emotional neglect. They might have been victims of divorces, separation and parents struggling with mental illness or addictions. Such terrible events can sometimes make parents incapable of putting their past behind and do their best for the children in their care.
Here’s a scenario. You won’t be hand holding your child to his first date or to his first job interview. While you can’t be there with them physically all along the way, as they mature into adults, the least you can do is teach them the values that they can carry with them.
OK, our lives are not ideal for us to be ideal parents. But, we can always choose to cut our losses and strive to do a better job tomorrow. We’ve been given a chance to make a positive difference in the little person who’s literally put his life in your hands.
Ultimately, the standards of ideal parenting can come at a personal cost of burn out. That doesn’t mean, we’ve to be so selfless and giving that we lose much of ourselves in the process. But, isn’t it our duty to raise them into compassionate and successful adults?
So, can we start by making an effort to understand them?
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
The Journey Of Our Life Can Be One That’s Filled With A Purpose. Here’s How To Find It.
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
There Are Two Reasons Why Children And Teens Misbehave. Find Out Now.
* The Underlying Reasons: There are two primary reasons why children misbehave. 1. They want attention. They want to feel recognized and their existence valid. If they are not getting enough nurture or care from their care givers, they don't understand why they...
Are Teenagers Really Narcissistic? Let’s Find Out.
* Teens Or Self Absorbed Hedonists? Teenagers are the most adaptive and private members of any age group. They quickly create and break friendships, join fashions, and demonstrate fierce allegiance to any political or popular ideology. Teenagers adore their...
The Dangers Of Comparison Traps And Helping Our Teens Lower Their Unrealistic Standards
* Choices Vs. Decisions: Usually, the main reason why we don’t like to make a choice quickly is because we fear missing out on the best option available or regretting our choice we make now. Also, how can we choose when we might need everything that is being...
The Complete Resource Guide To Rehab And Recovery For All Kinds Of Addictions
Addiction Rehab And Recovery For Teens, Adults And ParentsQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Aiming For Perfection Takes Us Away From The Now. Learn To Enjoy What Is.
* What Is Perfectionism: Perfectionism is the belief that if we live perfect, look perfect, and act perfect, we can minimize or avoid the pain of blame, judgment and shame. Perfectionism, in psychology, is a personality trait characterized by a person's...
Don’t Give Them Answers. Instead, Ask Powerful Questions To Coach And Lead Your Children.
* Don't Ask Closed Questions: Here are a few questions that require no elaboration. These kind of questions are called Closed questions. Closed questions are usually easy to answer as the choice of answer is typically a yes or no. And we all know that powerful...
How To Help Children Who Are Perfectionists?
* Tell your child they are loved because of who they are not because of who they can become. Encourage them to worry less and try better next time. Explain to them that excellence is a moving goal post and one must a. Inculcate a growth mindsetb. Find...
More Than Violence And Hunger, This Is What Hurts Children Emotionally
* The Still Face Experiment: Years ago, there was an experiment that was conducted by an American Developmental Psychologist named Edward Tronik called the Still Face experiment. Children as young as 1 year old are put in front of their mother who suddenly in...
Students Come With A Lot Of Learning Barriers. Greeting Them At The Door Helps.
* Priming For A Day Of Learning: Many children might enter the classroom with a variety of learning barriers. Some children come hungry, some after facing a tough morning with their bickering parents and some without any supporting resources or caring adults...
A Comprehensive List Of Social, Criminal, Physical and Mental Disorders Due To Tech Addiction
* There are 4 major repercussions of over use of technology. 1. Increase in anxiety.2. Decrease in our ability to attend and focus for extended periods of time.3. Boredom.4. New found ability to be unable to talk to anyone face to face. ~ Dr. Larry Rosen,...
How To Find Optimal Wellness Through Consistent Self-Improvement
* Not Surviving But Thriving: We all want to be our best selves. But how do we get there? It starts with small changes that can make a big difference. Here are some tips for finding optimal wellness through self-improvement. This listicle will sure fire charge...
Strategies and Apps to Help Your Child Master Their Homework Every Time
* Homework Does Have To Be A Chore: As parents, we want our children to be successful and responsible human beings, and we recognize that we must do our part to help them along that path. One area that can be trying for many is getting kids to do their...
A Guide to Addiction and Recovery for African Americans – How Different Cultures Cope
* * * Please call and talk to someone. You ARE precious. * American National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (NSPL): Suicide is the second leading cause of death for young people between 10 to 24. If you're anyone contemplating suicide, please know...
Restoring Proper Neurological Functions Amid The Rise Of Developmental Delays And Neurodevelopmental And Behavioral Issues
* The Rise Of The Anxiety And Aggression: In a recent workshop that I attended, Dr. Erica Basso of Precision Chiropractic, covered some very important topics regarding neurodevelopment and challenges such as ADHD, autism, sensory processing disorder, anxiety...
The Tools Of The Future Are Here – Explore The Generative AI Landscape
Open Your Mind, Grow Your Brain! Hey everyone welcome!Here are some FREE (most of them!) resources that will help you level up in your PERSONAL and PROFESSIONAL life! Build Your Potential. BECOME UNSTOPPABLE!* * * Generative AI Tools: There's not one day that goes by...
The Rule Of The Third – Help Yourself & Others To Progress Instead Of Being Stuck In Perfection
* https://youtu.be/BRJeK9Gkbqw * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * What Is The Rule Of The Thirds? We all feel this way, one third of our lives, we are feeling great, one third of it, not so much content about how things are,...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!