Strategies to improve your family’s wellbeing:
Teaching children how to manage stress is key to their emotional and physical well being. Here are some practical strategies that you can use to improve the quality of your children and the over all wellbeing of your family.
- Assure your children that no one is perfect.
- Share your own shortcomings with your children. (Upto a certain point that seems appropriate.)
- Refrain from comparing with other children. No family is the same.
- Encourage them to measure their personal growth organically and not exponentially.
- Refrain from discussing about possible negative outcomes.
- Teach them the importance of preparation and hardwork that deliver success.
- Refrain from ruminating over stressful things from the past.
- Rather than focus on outcomes, encourage children to think more long term.
- Instead of complaining about their behavior, instill positive changes.
Strategies to mitigate stress: Self Care:
Top three self care tips for mitigating stress are: Eat well, rest well and exercise. What matters is how you eat in the company of your family as one unit is more important than what you eat, unless you’re all gorging on chips for dinner. (Family is whoever lives with you in your house.)
- Meditate. Meditate. OMG, meditate.
- Get 8 hours of sleep. It’s non negotiable.
- Find quiet pockets of time on a daily basis.
- Exercise, yoga, breath intentionally.
- Ask for help.
- Find a purpose, meaning and motivation.
- Pursue deep meaningful relationships.
- Find a hobby you enjoy.
- Don’t isolate yourself.
- Read books on personal growth and heros.
- Drop those sky high standards.
- Find small joys.
- No higher vision of possibilities because of constant daily demands.
- Empower them to develop emotional agility. Emotional agility reflects the influence of the executive function and regulation of one’s emotions, thoughts, actions while problem solving.
Strategies to mitigate stress: Mindfulness:
- Practice being mindful about your actions and emotions. That can be achieved by incorporating pockets of silence around the day.
- Practice delayed gratification: The best predictor of success in school than IQ. Why are you reaching out for that comfort food or that remote. Is it boredom in the task at hand or is it hardship. Ask yourself.
- Listen to music: Sit down for some down time and listen to music that calms and soothes the soul.
Strategies to mitigate stress: Momentum:
Encourage your child with a few kind words of positive momentum.
- You’ve got to do something today.
- You’ve got to be somewhere today.
- You’ve got to do things you enjoy.
- And, you’ve got to do things you DON’T enjoy.
Learn about your brain on stress:
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
Parenting For a Digital Future
Check Out Our Latest In Mindful Parenting!
Why And How To Develop Resourcefulness
* It’s a fact that we will never have the time or the expertise to solve all of our problems. We must somehow then become creative with our problem solving capabilities. That's where the skill of resourcefulness comes into play. When we’re resourceful, we can...
A Whole Family Digital Health Reset Is Just A Few Action Steps Away
* Signs of Parental Anguish: Children and adults are using screens as a coping mechanism. There's a lot of technoference in our lives and we are having to combat it constantly. This is our new normal from the past decade in familial and professional settings....
These Studies Show The Dangerous Effects Of Distracted Parents On Children’s Wellbeing
* Hyper-Connected Parents; Dis Connected Progeny: Our children are addicted and so are we, that's the tragic situation of our world in the digital disruption age. We would rather be somewhere else rather than in the present moment, atleast that's what our...
7 Habits of Highly Successful Teens
* 7 Areas Of Growth: Here are 7 areas in which teens can work to improve their ultimate potential. 1. Organization2. Time management3. Skill growth4. Mindset management5. Stress management6. Sleep management7. Screen distraction management * Top Mindsets...
4 Wellness Essentials for Parents and Caregivers
* Child Care Doesn't Have To Be Stressful: Being a parent or caregiver can be an incredibly rewarding role, but there’s no denying that it isn’t an easy one. According to a new poll by the Pew Research Center, about four in ten parents (41%) in the US say...
Here’s How To Preserve A Keen Sense Of Wellbeing On A Daily Basis
* Let’s Define Wellbeing: As humans, we’re driven by this singular goal. What do you want in life? Ask anyone and surely most times it will be a “I just want to be happy!” So, let’s see how our happiness is determined by how we feel about ourselves on a daily...
How Positive Action Can Curb The Epidemic Of Gun Violence And Mass Shootings
Ahimsa - The Principle Of Non Violence Gun Safety Laws To Curb Mass Shootings “We can choose to be hopeful, try and possibly fail or not be hopeful, give up and definitely fail.”— David Hogg, cofounder and board member at March For Our LivesQuestions, just...
Sometimes, The Punishment Doesn’t Have To Fit The Crime. It’s Time To Forgive Not Forget.
* As humans, we are naturally predisposed to being loving and compassionate. In this context, forgiveness is our path to being free. Don't believe me? Please, allow me to explain. Only when we experience evil, can we shine a light on our capacity to forgive....
Run, Hide Or Fight. Is That What Our Sweet America Has Come Down To?
* Our Nation Right Now: As I shopped at our local hardware store this morning, I was vary of fellow shoppers around me. I was watchful of the cars that were coming and going as I crossed the street from my parked car. There's something on my mind right now....
Is It OK To Allow My Child To Play Roblox? ~ Answered.
* Is Roblox Safe? Hello Parents, if you are one of those who is wondering if Roblox is a safe and enriching game for your children, here are a few key points to consider. I have broken them down into three categories. First build Awareness about the eco...
Legalization Of Marijuana Will Not Help The Teen Mental Health Epidemic. Studies Prove It.
* Effects of Marijuana and How Parents can Help: Why is it important for parents to be informed about marijuana? Young people who use marijuana are 4 to 7 times more likely than adults to become addicted to marijuana; however, the longer teens and young...
The Effects Of Menopause On The Brain And Causes For Inflammation, Brain Fog And Neurodegeneration
* https://youtu.be/r8Wtrg8aIfE * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Cited Works: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-01474-3 * Book Recommendations: What Fresh Hell Is This?: Perimenopause, Menopause, Other...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!