Live and Lead Actively:
We’re all leaders because we lead our lives. But, is there a way to live an optimal existence? Yes, here’s how.
- Take Initiative: Sometimes all you’ve to do in a new situation is to take initiative to be labeled as a leader. Even such quick decisions can be deliberate and comprehensive in action. Stephen R. Covey once said that leaders were made out of a result of their choices. Leadership is a choice. And it begins with the simple act of taking initiative.
- Be Present: The most important aspect of sounding like a leader is to think and act like one. That includes your presence. Remember names. Be engaged in the act of working together.
- Communicate Clearly: Being prepared for what you’re about to communicate. Modulate and change your message to suit your audience. Even if you’re delivering the same news, you can’t communicate to your boss and your child in the same way.
- Think Legacy: We remember Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa and Gandhi because of their unwavering commitment to the betterment of the people they served. Don’t think profit, fame and money. Think impact. At the end of life, you won’t be counting the monies in your bank, but the number of lives that you’ve touched. Do positive things that make you immortal in the lives of those you’ve touched.
- Consume Smartly: Be a smart consumer. Quora.com states that if assuming that no more video would be uploaded until you stop watching, it would take you 60,000 years of non-stop watching to watch each and every video that already exists on YouTube today. Its a lost cause, you’ll never be “done watching.” Think Input vs. Output. Stop consuming and start creating. Share your own unique gifts and enhance the quality of yours and the ones around you.
- Show Humility: As you work with others in a leadership role, remember to stop to ask if you can do anything better. Be ready to make mistakes and admit that you’re lost. Seeking help only makes you more human. You’re growing yourself. Encourage others around you to do the same.
What Makes A Good Leader Great?
You’re now a leader. But, how can you become a great one? In life or profession, great leaders set intentions early on. They value tremendously the potential of their human capital.
- Be Nice: Don’t discount the doorman or the janitor. Anyone can be a future prospect. Smile. Light up others’ lives if you expect them to bring their A game. Other people have dreams and loved ones too, just like you.
- Read People: Familiarize yourselves with others who are different than you. Great leaders are accessible enough to allow others to feel comfortable with sharing their thoughts and ideas. Use common sense. Other people have great ideas too.
- Seek Clarity: Seek clarity of purpose in what you want to achieve. Simplify your message. Show others how the ideal end result would look like. Provide a path that’s efficient and effective. Now, sell your dreams.
- Show Commitment: Show up everyday. Show your own commitment for personal excellence. Offer unconditional support to those around you, while setting clear expectations.
- Take Massive Action: You’re a great leader when you can inspire people to action. Gandhi didn’t have a book on how to win freedom for India. Neither did Mandela and Dr. King in their fights. Charge ahead with the best-case-scenario-end-goal in mind.
- Amass a Network: Embrace others as equal. Communicate that you’re inspired by others’ hardwork and dedication to purpose. Show your heart. Keep your promises. Don’t play politics, no one will stick around.
- Recalibrate Often: Frequently ask yourself and others, “Are we doing what is in the best interest of our end goal?” Doing so not only enables to stay on course but also get back on track to positive progress. It also helps in making you adaptable towards unforeseen circumstances.
- Take Ownership: Be courageous enough to take responsibility for set backs. When you’re lost, acknowledge it. Seek help. Step on mistakes as if they’re stepping stones. Create an environment that’s coherent in its values.
- Inspire Hope: Share your message of perseverance and setbacks. Show what’s possible with dedication, integrity and a purpose in mind. Empower people with information, skills and strategies they need to perform optimally.
- Propel Growth: Demonstrate curiosity, energy and passion in execution. Don’t have an attitude of mediocre in aiming for goals. Enjoy the journey of change and celebrate every small milestone along the way.
- Be the Change: Its difficult to seek change when the status quo is working just fine. Don’t shy away from taking calculated risks. Technology is here to stay. Embrace the digital disruption. Understand and implement what works for you.
How Can One Start?
Start with body language. They are subtle non verbal cues that don’t need language to communicate to others to show that you’re in charge or OK to be led anywhere passively. Be a Falcon, a symbol of success, victory and rising above a situation.
- Be Present
- Dress Well
- Give a Firm Handshake
- Have an Unwavering Eye contact
- Exude Energy
- Show Unbridled Enthusiasm
- Smile Genuinely
- Have Positive Self esteem
I grouped capabilities into three categories: purely technical skills like accounting and business planning; cognitive abilities like analytical reasoning; and competencies demonstrating emotional intelligence, such as the ability to work with others and effectiveness in leading change. I have found, however, that the most effective leaders are alike in one crucial way: They all have a high degree of what has come to be known as emotional intelligence, a combination of — self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills. Without it, a person can have the best training in the world, an incisive, analytical mind, and an endless supply of smart ideas, but he still won’t make a great leader.
~ Daniel Goleman
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
CONFIDENCE - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is CONFIDENCE as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On Unstoppable CONFIDENCE
Every Goal We Set Begins With The Clarity Of Intention. Here’s How To Achieve It.
* The Yogic Guide To Goal Setting: Kalpana and Vikalpa are two words that are derived from the word Kalpa that means imaginative creation. Vikalpa refers to our imagination or fantasy. It is daydreaming, or thinking of things that don't exist. Another word...
4 Business Start-up Steps For Young Entrepreneurs In 2023
* Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs: For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this...
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
The Journey Of Our Life Can Be One That’s Filled With A Purpose. Here’s How To Find It.
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
Want To Crush It In Life? Start With These Thoughts That Will Help You Shine.
* Below are a few quotes, they will bend your mind, help you shut out the chatter and give your mind a steady purpose. Ever wonder why that persistent monologue in our head seems to be out there to get us? It doesn't allow us to celebrate our wins whole...
The Dangers Of Comparison Traps And Helping Our Teens Lower Their Unrealistic Standards
* Choices Vs. Decisions: Usually, the main reason why we don’t like to make a choice quickly is because we fear missing out on the best option available or regretting our choice we make now. Also, how can we choose when we might need everything that is being...
Don’t Give Them Answers. Instead, Ask Powerful Questions To Coach And Lead Your Children.
* Don't Ask Closed Questions: Here are a few questions that require no elaboration. These kind of questions are called Closed questions. Closed questions are usually easy to answer as the choice of answer is typically a yes or no. And we all know that powerful...
Students Come With A Lot Of Learning Barriers. Greeting Them At The Door Helps.
* Priming For A Day Of Learning: Many children might enter the classroom with a variety of learning barriers. Some children come hungry, some after facing a tough morning with their bickering parents and some without any supporting resources or caring adults...
Scrum Master | Agile Coach | PMP Certification Exam Prep And Interview – Questions And Answers
* Interview And Test Prep For Agile, Scrum And PMP Roles: QUES: When multiple Scrum Teams work together on the same product, each team should maintain a separate Product backlog? True Or False?ANS: FALSE QUES: What is the project information radiator in...
Moving Doesn’t Have To Be Stressful. Here Are 5 Tips For Relocating With Your Family.
* Starting All Over? People relocate to different cities and states for various reasons. Relocating as a young single person has its own challenges, but if you are moving with kids, the process is more complicated. Regarding the kids, there are issues like...
How To Start Your Own Business, Even If You’re a Youngin’
* What's Stopping You? Do you ever feel like you aren’t taken seriously just because you’re young? While there is something to be said for experience and wisdom, kids can – and should – do amazing things! Starting a business can be one of them. With the...
Who Are Road Scientists And How To Work In STEM As A Digital Nomad
* The Road Scientist: Working a STEM-related job and trying to live remotely is rarely straightforward, but it is possible. Whether you specialize in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics, in this article, I’ll provide a few key strategies to help...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Enjoyed reading it. I will keep coming back to remember.