If we don’t channel children’s energies into productive arenas, we can’t expect to create very many brilliant minds for the future. Children these days have no lack of confidence about the things they know AND don’t know. But, if we want to raise emerging leaders, we need to equip them with tools that they are not schooled in.
That’s where soft skills like these come in:
- Self esteem
- Time management
- Emotional Intelligence
What they are exposed at school:
- Critical thinking
- Culture and Ways of the world
How can we start?
Ask your children about the interesting things they’ve learnt navigating the world this week. Bring up a topic of current affairs. Ask them to talk to their friends from different backgrounds to understand their cultural perspectives. And then put those encounters into a social context for them and they will turn out to be life long lessons. Lessons taught like this are never forgotten, unlike the ones learnt in school.
What are lessons that last a life time?
- Impart lessons of empathy to make children effective leaders.
- Teach public speaking skills by encouraging their ideas.
- Ideas are essentially fragments of their personality that they want to share with the world.
- Teach children conscious consumption of information. We are living dangerously in an information overload era.
- Teach them the importance of listening before speaking.
- Give them tools for effective communication.
- Time is life. Let them understand that time is their personal networth.
- Integrity is a quality of a person when he does the right thing even when no one’s looking.
- Personal accountability is a quality of being accountable to yourself with self imposed deadlines and deliverables that promotes positive personal growth.
On living a life of purpose: How great leaders inspire action by Simon Sinek
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The A To Z Of Essential Life Skills
Check Out Our Featured Articles!
* What is CODING? • Code is the language of technology.• Code is what runs apps.• Code is what sent the Curiosity Rover to Mars.• Code is what's inside drones that sprayed Disinfectant on streets that were too dangerous for humans to walk around during Covid....
* As parents, we’re constantly fretting over which after school programs are best for our children, and what the right activities are for their interests. Should they engage in academic or social enrichment? Do we have them complete math worksheets or spend...
* Teens, Tech and Life Skills: These days, little girls and boys are acting as therapists and counselors for their friends who’re struggling to navigate school. Teens are experiencing anxiety and panic attacks at an alarming rate. The American College Health...
* Times Are A Changing: This is what we were hearing from companies in 2019 about their top 5 soft skills they needed the most. 1. Creativity2. Persuasion3. Collaboration4. Adaptability5. Time ManagementSource: LinkedIn, 2019 Times have changed post...
* The Underlying Reasons: There are two primary reasons why children misbehave. 1. They want attention. They want to feel recognized and their existence valid. If they are not getting enough nurture or care from their care givers, they don't understand why they...
Restoring Proper Neurological Functions Amid The Rise Of Developmental Delays And Neurodevelopmental And Behavioral Issues
* The Rise Of The Anxiety And Aggression: In a recent workshop that I attended, Dr. Erica Basso of Precision Chiropractic, covered some very important topics regarding neurodevelopment and challenges such as ADHD, autism, sensory processing disorder, anxiety...
* Why play games when you can create? Ask your children that before you introduce them to Scratch, a coding and animation platform, that can unleash their imagination and creativity! *Scratch Coding and Game Design: Grades 2 - 7Beginner, Advanced...
* Crossing The Barrier Of Learning: Many children might enter the classroom with a variety of learning barriers. Some children come hungry, some after facing a tough morning with their bickering parents and some without any supporting resources or caring adults...
* Teachers Need To Keep Pace: Kids today grow up with technology integrated into their lives. This can cause challenges for educators trying to make science, technology, engineering, and math exciting instead of something mundane. Today’s tips from...
* Yes, Adult Children Also Need Our Advice: My sons are adults. They are wonderful, smart, successful adults and I adore them. They have their own lives and thankfully still include us in their lives. I do wonder sometimes, however, how much we should still be...
* Just how far will you abandon your authenticity to gain approval of others? Approval or authenticity. Where do you draw the line? * We can train as much and as long as we want, but unless we test it in real life, we are not turning our learning...
For Your Spiritual, Mental And Psychological Wellness Here Are Free Resources For Children, Teens, Adults And Parents * Health And Wellness Disclaimer: The health and wellness information provided on this website is not intended or...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!