This is an invite I drafted for an upcoming employee resource group ice-cream social. The event aims at promoting diversity discussions among peers, thereby enhancing our modern global work culture and the strength of our social networks.
Tell us! As part of a real life social engagement experience, we have decided to give away free ice cream! As medals of honor for your participation, we are thinking of popsicle garlands. But, just like any social event that has gelato in it, there’s a catch.
Research has shown that cultural competence works two ways. To become efficient listeners and effective communicators. It closes the gap in the collective achievement of our collaborative contributions. It motivates and inspires us to learn to climb the corporate Jenga with precision. So, showcase your heritage, discuss your roots and learn about others!
In the world of globalization and hyper connectivity, it’s only fair we train ourselves to equip with what’s not taught in school. How does the news of global happenings, the power of art, films, food, religion and heritage inspire you? In a broader cultural context, do we often find an overlap of familial traditions, beliefs, customs, stories and language roots?
Also, if you are anything like us, there must have been many days that were simply made by the kind smiles of strangers. We didn’t have to stop to verify our identities or show any accountability to them, we simply had to cross paths on our way to the coffee pot.
We also seem to live life with its collective elements – water, earth, air, sky and the space that surrounds us. So stand with your arms stretched out, metaphorically of course, and extend yourself into the limitless openness of this diversity and inclusive spirit. Infuse life with all the rich experiences our senses will bring when they are fully engaged.
Whether you are an extrovert, or an enigma, we would love to meet you! We are curious to know if you make a mad rush for the keys in the mornings, look at yourself in the mirror before leaving through that door, put only the best pictures on your desk, and stack up those merit badges for everyone to notice, are eager to use that coupon for Redbox every weekend, pray for free game tickets and secretly binge eat at potlucks.
And if you happen to meet any of those strangers at the social, say how much their simple gestures have meant to you! How do you break the ice? Bringing your baby pictures is optional, but bringing that high school class photo? Highly recommended!
* * *
The Skill Of People Management And Conflict Resolution
COLLABORATION - A Pillar of FutureSTRONG Academy
Our children will one day face the real world without our support. Academic development is not the only skill they will need in the real world where people skills like taking the lead, emotional intelligence and a strong moral compass will determine who will shine. So, as parents who want to raise well rounded adults, we want to give them the right tools for their personal development.
Here is COLLABORATION as described as the 6 C’s of Future STRONG.
Find Below Better Strategies On COLLABORATION
Understanding Relationship Etiquette In A World Of Faceless Usernames And Two Dimensional Emojis
* How We Learnt FOMO: Listen, I have nothing against technology. I can turn on and off the lights in my house from 200 miles away if I need to. During the pandemic, we bought a new car without ever stepping out of the house. What’s more, I don't have to wait...
Why And How To Develop Resourcefulness
* It’s a fact that we will never have the time or the expertise to solve all of our problems. We must somehow then become creative with our problem solving capabilities. That's where the skill of resourcefulness comes into play. When we’re resourceful, we can...
Hit Hard By Chronic Loneliness? Here’s How To Take Charge And Help Yourself.
The Antidote To Loneliness Yes, there is joy, fulfillment, and companionship, but the loneliness of the soul in its appalling self-consciousness is horrible and overpowering. ~ Sylvia Plath Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email:...
A Sustainable And Scientific Approach Handbook To Positive Productivity
* Recover Fast And Often: If you want to be a productivity machine, there are few things you will have to consider. The first one is the obvious mindset change. That, even if we get distracted for a few moments in a day, all is not lost. We literally can...
Become A Guest Blogger For Us. Here, Read Posts From Some Awesome Writers.
Read Below Posts From Our Awesome Guest Bloggers Write For Us And Inspire People To Action!Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Whether It’s A Side Gig Or A Business, Here Are Strategies For Every Entrepreneur
Find Out How To Become An Entrepreneur Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Generation Z, Those Born Between 1995 & 2015, Has Entered The Workforce. Are They Ready For It?
* Times Are Changing: This is what we were hearing from companies in 2019 about their top 5 soft skills they needed the most. 1. Creativity2. Persuasion3. Collaboration4. Adaptability5. Time ManagementSource: LinkedIn, 2019 Times have changed post...
4 Business Start-up Steps For Young Entrepreneurs In 2023
* Timeless Strategies For Young Entrepreneurs: For young entrepreneurs, starting a business can be a nerve-wracking experience. However, with the right mindset and sound planning, you’ll be able to turn your business idea into a successful venture. In this...
Have You Tiktoked It Yet? This Kind Of Social, Is It Trendy Or Just Toxic?
* https://youtu.be/BbMx1n7vBeo * Want To Listen To The Article Instead? * Have You Tiktoked It Yet? As Found on the internet: Young people are turning to TikTok rather than Google as a search engine. ‘I’ll TikTok it’ has already...
7 Action Packed Steps To Prepare For Entrepreneurship
* A Path For Successful Entrepreneurship: For many, entrepreneurship is an exciting adventure that can be quite rewarding. But if you’re serious about launching your own business, there are a few essential steps that must be taken to set yourself up for...
The Journey Of Our Life Can Be One That’s Filled With A Purpose. Here’s How To Find It.
* Grounds To Thrive: I keep looking around at those who are on their way to understanding their calling and their true potential in life. It is easy to understand that the pursuit of self-actualization is not possible without the basics in life - safety and...
Want To Crush It In Life? Start With These Thoughts That Will Help You Shine.
* Below are a few quotes, they will bend your mind, help you shut out the chatter and give your mind a steady purpose. Ever wonder why that persistent monologue in our head seems to be out there to get us? It doesn't allow us to celebrate our wins whole...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!