Distracted mothers create loneliness.
Those children celebrate uncertainty.
And out of the imperfect first steps,
They quickly thrive and learn, no love is earnest.
Fathers cry when planes disappear.
Worlds unite to search the heavens and oceans.
Nothing brings back the touch.
She became a part of the earth and dust.
A mother holds her baby boy close.
He had meant a lot of heartbeats.
Life inside the womb was longer than on earth.
Being still alive is no good than being stillborn.
Speaking at the funeral the father said,
“If you think burying a child is difficult, think again.
This was our second and only remaining child.”
Only untimely deaths make most of us remarkable.
It’s a conscious choice a hungry mother makes.
Poverty stays in the race.
As she trades her flesh for some meat and bread,
Honor and soul are left in the crumbs.
Children are eager to try their new wings.
The father lives on with longing.
In the mirror, the child of his youth mocks him.
Life makes growing old the most honorable thing.
Child bearers know nothing of the hara-kiri.
Those sons will go onto their final journeys.
All that’s left of them is pieces and blood, and
A mother with heart ripped out and fist in her mouth.
Walls hide happiness and love,
A few betray memories made in the dark.
When the father enters the bedroom,
A child loses her virginity.
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
* The embers remind me of my life, The logs with their withered skin, Are turning into ash as I watch. The same crackling noisesThat my fat will make, When I will burn along the Ganga. Most people want to live a 100 yearsYet, not know what to do on a lazy...
* Not where the musk of happiness blows,Not where darkness and fears never tread;Not in the homes of perpetual smiles,Nor in the heaven of a land of prosperityWould I be bornIf I must put on mortal garb once more. Dread famine may prowl and tear my...
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam I will either find a way, or make one. Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* As you slip and fall, my thoughts are along with you atop the death train – la bestia. A smiling young man you were, one second ago,the next – a limp body in the overgrown unworn path.A heatstroke at 16 has sent you home sooner than you wished for. But is any...
* YDDO – You Don’t Die Once A Poem On Redemption Unless you're a mid-lifer like me,This poem ain't gonna hold your attention. Now let's begin.Yes, it is possible. Yes, I said it's possible to press resetMany times over. Seek your truth every new...
* Great Ways To Write A Poem: 1. A great poem must inspire every reader to act.2. It should feel relevant, and the concept must have universal appeal.3. It’s a piece of art, so show your uniqueness with it.4. Life’s already a huge puzzle, so don’t lead your...
On How To Write. “To me, a short story is a conversation between writer and reader, since only the writer can speak, she must take care to respect the reader, to avoid telling him what to think, to say as little as possible and imply the rest with metaphor,...
Poetry “How do one see the big picture and hold the world’s pain, and at the same time see all of the bright edges of joy? I think that’s at the center of my question.”~ Poet Ada Limón Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email:...
* "I write for kids, and kids tend to be optimists. Even when the book has a dark theme, it's always through the eyes of a fictional hero, a young person with integrity, someone a reader can identify with and in turn find a kind of integrity and power in...
* Just A String Of Words? A good poem demands the dignity to be understood. History repeats in its resounding words. Repetition is a poem's strongest flavors. Poems are words with life because they're current and most urgent with their message to humanity. Yet,...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!