The Indian Prime minister, Mr. Modi, who is visiting the US gave a speech at Madison Square Garden in New York over the weekend. Here is what happened during and after.
Tag line: Not-your-average-brown-guy.
1. You get your ticket’s worth as soon as you spot the yogi and his firangi[foreigner] girlfriend.
2. Quick tips on how to save seats, coming to a theater near you.
Try this for the next Beyoncé concert. No, really.
3. Congressmen, Hugh Jackman and Modi.
The memo read clearly – When dealing with Asians, please display loads of eager civility.
4. There will always be a beautiful brown girl in the story.
And, OMG, look at the Ramleela earrings!!!
5. Holy shit. This dude painted with both hands and upside down for half the time.
One of those non-cacophonous moments when East meets the West.
6. They sang the American national anthem twice and Jana Gana Mana[the Indian national anthem] once?
Come on! Even the violin protested!
7. And danced to what else, but…
You got that one, Jai Ho!! Yikes!
8. Modi spoke in Hindi. Goodwill needs no translation.
And it’s MO-DI, not MO-BY, you dick!
9. Modi, the steel tumbler and the rotating stage.
They are in every God damn house. Those tumblers.
10. Yes, Muslims were there too.
Yes, we get along really well. And yes, they are Indian and Muslim.
11. Elsewhere, Times Square looked like this!
Leaving not much scope for racial tension. Gasp! All those saved seats?!
12. This guy who answers nature’s calls in nature came up a lot in the speech.
Wait buddy, they are building toilets!! This time, it might be for real.
13. Apparently, the Indian Police is getting really good with their timing.
And, Bollywood’s irrational version of a cop usually has a sexy girlfriend and Eastern European dancers for his entourage.
14. Corrupt politicians will no longer be able to curry favor.
There is no ration on this, except for the garib[the poor man].
15. These ladies came up a lot. Mother India, Maa[Mother] Durga, Maayi[Mother] Ganga.
Sooooooooo many mothers. #IncredibleIndia.
16. He will combine PIO[Person of Indian Origin] and OCI[Overseas Citizenship of India] statuses and all PIOs will get lifetime Indian Visas.
Bottom line, until that sorts out, we keep marrying for Greencards.
17. He talked very briefly about the most successful “mission” during his term as Prime Minister.
#The Social media Spectacle#
18. PIO card. Check. Good school district. Check. Home. Check. Nissan Leaf. Check.
19. Swag? Oh yeah, we Desis got it!
There is absolutely no mention of what she is inspired to do!
20. This guy was under the spell.
And, he forgot to SPELL!!
21. A nation of lions and loin cloths!
Why this “motivational quote” was any different in the first place, I will never know.
22. We don’t miss even the remotest references to the English Man’s game.
Suckers, now you can retire, hurt.
23. #ModiInAmerica encouraged #MakeInIndia and the use of his business development website “mygov.in”.
There will always be a “gotcha” guy who always wants to dilute our happiness.
24. Gotcha Guy #2.
Wow, you are a true national hero. No, no, not you Gandhi.
25. Gotcha Guy #3.
Pretty barbaric, eh? He is smiling in his mug!
26. BTW, for your next Beyoncé concert, the venue has changed.
It is not Madison Square Garden anymore!
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The Indian American Life
* EYE HUNGER Eye hunger is triggered by food that you see. It can be other people who are eating, food that you see on the table or counter, seeing adverts, recipes and pictures of food. Other examples are food displays in delis, markets, restaurants or...
* What The Scriptures Say: A mantra is a potent spiritual sound formula. A mystical sound which not only enchants the mind and helps to make it single-pointed and concentrated, but also being pregnant with ideas, helps purify the mind as well as reveal to us...
* The lotus is the symbol of truth, auspiciousness and beauty (satyam, shivam, sundaram). The Lord is also that nature and therefore, His various aspects are compared to a lotus (i.e. lotus-eyes, lotus feet, lotus hands, the lotus of the heart etc.). The lotus...
* Gunas: Our Vehicles Of Devotion: The Sanskrit word “guna” means attribute. These “attributes” serve as a powerful indicator and formulator of the physical principles of the earth. The concept of guna, is one of the more important teachings from India. These...
* Let's Look At The History Of Space Travel For India: 1978 Dharmayug Cover Story On India's Space Program: * 1981 ISRO Scientists Carry India's First Communication APPLE Satellite on Bullock Cart: * 2023 A Clever Ad By Transportation Company: ...
* Towards the end of every ritualistic worship (pooja or bhajan) of God or to welcome an honored guest or saint, we perform the aarati. This is always accompanied by the ringing of the bell and sometimes by singing, playing of musical instruments and clapping. It is...
* What Is Atman: Atman or Brahman is Existence Absolute, Knowledge Absolute, Bliss Absolute. It is different from the gross, subtle and causal bodies. It transcends the five sheaths (Pancha Koshas). It is the witness of the three states: waking, dreaming and...
* * I found this note on the street, something a certain Tom wrote to a certain Jim about what to see in NYC and how to go about it. Love it! * The Indian American LifeQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email:...
* Navagrahas is also Nine Powers of Cosmic Energy of Universe as "Nine Astronomical Bodies" also built separate temples for each of them thousands of years ago when western and many other countries were striving in the dark ages. They have built Navagraha...
* The Indian Wedding, or Shaadi as its called in Hindi, is a feast-to-all-the-senses kind of an experience, delightful and fun filled, unless of course, you are the one getting married. Well, we are not going to talk about the aftermath just yet. For now, here...
* Rituals And Meanings: A Hindu marriage comprises several meaningful rituals. Each such marriage ritual has varying degrees of significance. The most important of them all is the Saptapadi or the Seven Steps which the couple takes together after tying the...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!