She would rise and
shine with me..
She would part with anything for me
that I loved or desired..
Today, she might be a woman,
but just between us, there is no time travel..
Her gentle, sweet,
kind spirit wasn’t a match for my boisterous self..
But my partner in crime,
my soulmate she has been..
She was always the peacemaker,
an enemy for all my troubles..
The one who knows what I mean when
I tell the world that my childhood is tangible..
The school bags, the dirty clothes,
the phone calls, the giggles, the movies..
The stories, the tears, the scents,
the places, the people.. She knows why I laugh..
A delight in her throat
sends my heart fluttering..
She is happy and there is
nothing more I want to know..
We are miles apart sister,
but you are always there inside my heart!
There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me. ~ Lady Mary Wortley Montagu
Originally composed on: 07/16/2010 4:06pm
Photo courtesy: Thomas Campbell
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
* The embers remind me of my body,These logs with their withered skin,Are turning into ash as I watch. The same crackling noisesThat my fat will make,When I will burn along the Ganga. Most people want to live a 100 yearsYet, not know what to do on a lazy Sunday...
* Not where the musk of happiness blows,Not where darkness and fears never tread;Not in the homes of perpetual smiles,Nor in the heaven of a land of prosperityWould I be bornIf I must put on mortal garb once more. Dread famine may prowl and tear my...
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam I will either find a way, or make one. Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* As you slip and fall, my thoughts are along with you atop the death train – la bestia. A smiling young man you were, one second ago,the next – a limp body in the overgrown unworn path.A heatstroke at 16 has sent you home sooner than you wished for. But is any...
* YDDO – You Don’t Die Once A Poem On Redemption Unless you're a mid-lifer like me,This poem ain't gonna hold your attention. Now let's begin.Yes, it is possible. Yes, I said it's possible to press resetMany times over. Seek your truth every new...
* Great Ways To Write A Poem: 1. A great poem must inspire every reader to act.2. It should feel relevant, and the concept must have universal appeal.3. It’s a piece of art, so show your uniqueness with it.4. Life’s already a huge puzzle, so don’t lead your...
On How To Write. “To me, a short story is a conversation between writer and reader, since only the writer can speak, she must take care to respect the reader, to avoid telling him what to think, to say as little as possible and imply the rest with metaphor,...
Poetry “How do one see the big picture and hold the world’s pain, and at the same time see all of the bright edges of joy? I think that’s at the center of my question.”~ Poet Ada Limón Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email:...
* "I write for kids, and kids tend to be optimists. Even when the book has a dark theme, it's always through the eyes of a fictional hero, a young person with integrity, someone a reader can identify with and in turn find a kind of integrity and power in...
* Just A String Of Words? A good poem demands the dignity to be understood. History repeats in its resounding words. Repetition is a poem's strongest flavors. Poems are words with life because they're current and most urgent with their message to humanity. Yet,...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!