The excitement is mutual,
the passion contagious.
The play of his naughty hands,
the smile on my lips.
The smell of his breath,
the kiss on my feet.
The tingling down into his toes,
the long black hair on my slithering spine.
Smiles with the mirror in the morning,
all make up for my vanity.
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
12 Ways To Write A Great Poem, And How To Inspire Your Reader To Action
* Great Ways To Write A Poem: 1. A great poem must inspire every reader to act.2. It should feel relevant, and the concept must have universal appeal.3. It’s a piece of art, so show your...
On How To Write. Writing Hacks, Compelling Story Telling And Essays On Life
On How To Write. Writing Hacks, Compelling Story Telling And Essays On Life “To me, a short story is a conversation between writer and reader, since only the writer can speak, she must take...
Many Predicaments In Life. Writing Poetry Cannot Be One.
Poetry “How do 1 see the big picture and hold the world’s pain, and at the same time see all of the bright edges of joy? I think that’s at the center of my question.” ~ Poet Ada Limón...
In the Age of Dank Memes, Why Read Poetry?
* Just A String Of Words? A good poem demands the dignity to be understood. History repeats in its resounding words. Repetition is a poem's strongest flavors. Poems are words with life...
The Mother Of All Emotions
* Before you think you can put a finger on love, Think of the time you saw the size of the butter stick in your mother's pie. Think about how all your life, you'll work hard enough to make...
Still Standing, Still Standing..
* The below is a first person account of a village tree who lost the friendship of a small boy to the big charm of the city.. * At day break, I wait for your shrill cries of...
The Emigrant’s Anthem
* I Pursuing dreams, First steps Beckoning opportunities, Across oceans Proud sacrifices, Glistening eyes * II Anxious freedom, Fertile memories Loyal sentiments, Burning...
You Know You’re a Mom When..
* You've wondered about your fear of death, when the only thing you have always been petrified about is your child digging into that forbidden closet or the bathroom cupboard to find out the...
The Many Predicaments of a Single Woman
* She walks as a liberal icon among people who don’t realize their thoughts are their barbed wires. She'll march the streets for the disenfranchised, and maybe for those born with ugly faces,...
Momentous: A Poem On The Value Of Time
* It’s not the lack of money that makes me cry like my heart is about to burst. You want to know what it is? It’s something you have or don’t more than I do, because there’s no...
When Home Is Still Here And We Aren’t
* Unlike refugees, who don't have a home behind or infront of them, we have a home. But, Will it remember all those mornings that the woodpecker made mating calls from its roof? How on...
ప్రియ శరణార్థీ! నా జీవితం ఇలా నడవనీ.. (Dear Refugee, My Life Must Go On..)
* * * The original English version: Dear Refugee, my life must go on.. This poem appeared originally in The Saaranga Magazine HERE. * నన్నల్లుకున్న వెచ్చని కార్డిగన్, మెత్తని...
Why Darkness Can Be a Gift
If a person has any greatness inside, it comes to light, not in one flamboyant hour, but in the ledger of one’s daily work.~ Beryl Markham * Years ago, you had looked up to see if...
Dear Refugee, My Life Must Go On..
* * * The translated Telugu version: ప్రియ శరణార్థీ! నా జీవితం ఇలా నడవనీ.. This poem appeared originally in The Saaranga Magazine HERE. * It's not too unthinkable,sipping...
Momentous: A Poem On The Value Of Time
* It's not the lack of money that makes me cry like my heart is about to burst. You want to know what it is? It's something you have or don't more than I do, because there's no...
Perceiving My Anthropology
* I don't know what moves him. I remember the day he came back home to hide his red eyes behind that newspaper after he lit his mother's pyre. This is the man, the brunt of all my emotions,...
To My Estranged One
* Ok, I admit; I still have that shameful longingness. When you gathered everything else up and left me to myself, And, when the war of words ended, It was clear that the love between us had...
* Always close by my side, he mocks me.Calling the lack of endearment around me,self-inflicted.Late in the afternoon, at work,“All these people around you need you tobreak their bread”, he...
Still Standing, Still Standing..
* The below is a first person account of a village tree who lost the friendship of a small boy to the big charm of the city.. * At day break, I wait for your shrill cries of laughter to pierce my...
Dear Sons: Full Disclosure
* A life's worth of choices. Subjected to, day in, day out. Freedom of expression. Empathy exercises. Vulnerability followed by weakness. Protection from cold. Letting the homeless die from it....
Now – A Poem on Time
* Of all the things I have and can desire to have, my time on this earth, and the time my kids will have of mine is finite. I am mindful of that. What I am also painfully mindful is that I do not...
Child Bearers of the World
Distracted mothers create loneliness. Those children celebrate uncertainty. And out of the imperfect first steps, They quickly thrive and learn, no love is earnest. Fathers cry when planes...
There is the love of mother that needs no senses to feel its expression. And, that’s where I begin my journey of this life with you. In that vintage picture, I think of how you became a woman coming...
Love Made Me Do It
As you slip and fall, my thoughts are along with you atop the death train – la bestia. A smiling young man you were, one second ago, the next – a limp body in the overgrown unworn path. A...
Temples in Our Hearts
While others make smoldering burial grounds in memory, those who have never made promises to make us laugh have their own temples in our hearts. Stories that don’t need our mother’s tongue to be...
If I knocked on your door for a cup of water for my parched throat, Would you be able to tell, I am not your next door neighbor..? If not, then, why this thirst for my life.. ???? * Near these...
I Can Muse a Poem
The mother inside of me finds no shortage of spontaneity and wit. I can be surprisingly superfluous when I am lecturing my child. Trouble arrives when I call myself a writer, and that’s when I...
Pathos.. A Poem On Caring For The Elderly
* The mornings hang here, until.. I peek out of the window and hurry out of the house for the next door.. Determined to find an answer.. I gently turn the key and push myself into the hallway.....
Homs and The Uncharismatic Sociopath..
* For anyone not in need of soul searching or a mirror.. Here is the gist of the mother's letter.. * Assad.. It is tough for me to think of you as a product of a biochemical blissful event, a...
The Wishing Well and An Empty Tummy
© MColdPlay's 'Hungry Child' @ Deviantart * I call my boss and tell him,I won't be in until late.Over a crisp morning coffee I work out logistics. I plot the distance between school and...
Osama, hermit you are not.. Love Teresa
Dear Osama, Even in this 21st century, with super fast technology, it took me a while to get in touch with you, and it has been partly because of your tight security and lack of information on the...
Like a Dry Flower in My Diary
* She would rise andshine with me.. She would part with anything for methat I loved or desired.. Today, she might be a woman,but just between us, there is no time travel.. Her gentle,...
* I haven't seen more life than what you have shown me..Anything larger than life was you anyway.. I would turn to you when I was cheerful or had something to share..I would look for your...
Vultures Don’t Soar High
* The vultures hover above their tiny heads. The wind here has never stood still, the putrid smell of decay fills the air. Their dirty hands, the sewer nearby and the food crumbs tell an endless...
The smile won't leave my face. The happiness in my heart won't go away. This day brings back all the days when I was a little girl, colors on my tiny hands, flowers in my pony tails. Running around...
In Loving Memories..
You were my first joy, remember.. ?? The day you gave me my first grandchild was the happiest day of my life! Someone said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home.. Someone never held...
On a Rainy Day..
Miles may separate us, but you are always there in my heart. Words might not be spoken, but I can never love you enough. Rain outside my window reminds me of you and the tears in my eyes that wont...
Life’s Precious Dream ~ A Poem On Sending Off Kids To College
* The door bell rings! Oh?! Is that you at this hour.. on this day..???I better get it.. It may be your first visit after you left home to realize your dream.. Who is going to win all those...
Daddy and Me..
All this week I have been thinking of my father, because it was his birthday yesterday.. I feel terribly home sick and awfully miss daddy when his birthday is approaching, the day it is his...
A Mother’s Night Out
* Dreams of laughter and gossip in the days before..One less shift of diaper duty on this day..Promises to yourself that you are not selfish..Rolling down the window to feel the freedom in...
In A Still Moment…
* Today, I thought I will stop.. Take a break and really pen down how I feel.. Take a break from everything, sleeping, eating, cooking, feeding, cleaning .. everything..Because I know the...
Brothers In Love. A Connection To The Heart.
* It was love at first sight in the hospital. His little brother was in my arms waiting for his first reaction.It was plain and clear, that of love. And now at home, He hovers around his bassinet...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Isn’t vanity so blissful and erotic; without it reciprocity would be obsolete and desire void.
lovely, sweet sounding and fluent ; well done
well said, Rachana
Ever so true!
Hola. Hey i wanted to come by and thank you for commenting on my blog, very sweet of you. Plus i throw down my hat to you, this piece is beautifully written. Very nice work.
Thank you all for your valuable opinions.. ! I am glad you enjoyed the piece.. Appreciate every click like it is a treasure..
Beautiful piece. Very, very beautiful. Keep it up! :)
keep writing poetry.
already, thanks a ton.
Major oops on my part, sorry for the early entry Jingle! I hope I haven’t confused you with my comments :) I will be checking the Potluck Website tonight! Thanks!
I love this poem, and the quote is perfect! Nicely done.
Mine is here. http://razzamadazzle.wordpress.com/2010/10/24/romance/
Thanks Teresa for taking time to read my piece! Appreciate that :)
Beautiful words laid out for the invited soul…
Thanks, I am grateful for your feedback!
…“I’m with a man who’s evolved enough to look at my body and see it as more beautiful, because of the journey it has taken and what it has created, He genuinely sees it that way. So I truly feel sexier.”…
…Good for you…It’s definitely a blessing to find someone of this caliber…That’s a nice piece of poetry you posted as well.
Thanks, I also feel a little lucky today because of your visit! Good day!
wow… what a dreamy one Rachana..!! This is the 1st poem I picked (looking at your name) and it has set the mood for sure.. with winters approaching- Love’s really in the air.. :)
I like the New Template- spacious.. Heart couldn’t be confided into a smaller space.. hehe
Loads of Love- xxx
Thanks Olivia, ahem, so you liked the poem?! Good!! ;) I am sure you did, ha ha.. And most importantly, thanks for letting me know how you feel about my new site layout.. I am breaking my head wondering if my visitors like it or not.. :)) Thanks for your time!!!
And loads of love to you too.. :D
mwaaahs Dear.. xoxox
Count on Me- always!!
The poem is a lovely cascade – like a waterfall – down to the end point. Beautifully and truely written, Rachana. The quote is priceless.
Thanks for a wonderful post. Happy potluck …
Thanks and same to you Jamie! I am happy that you liked the style of the poem.. Thanks for the feedback, as always it is priceless..!!
The quote was written by a wonderful mom in a mommy forum that I was part of long time back.. I saved it, but never managed to save the name of the person that said it.. !! Needless to say, I love the way she embraces the love of her partner with those words…. I just love it!!
Amazing post! Well done!
Your vanity.. Hmm!
Thank you :), maybe, this is not just my own vanity..?? ;)
Enjoyed it and the fact that you have the Mona Lisa there with her mysterious smile tops it off.
Thanks for your visit and your feedback.. I am glad you enjoyed it! In reality, for the longest time I was confused as to what would be a nice visual for the poem :))
But, it is nice to know now, that the picture fits.. ! Thanks much.
Nice dish for the Potluck.
Thanks for visiting and glad you enjoyed the dish :D Will be over later today to check out some of your ‘recipes’!! Thanks :)
Many thanks for your visit :)
Killer last line. Crucial… much enjoyed.
(mine are here –
To Ashes: http://wp.me/pTeVg-ca
Let Me: http://wp.me/pTeVg-bW
Thanks for the review Luke! I see that there are a lot of similarities in how we write, ‘killer last line’, that is my writing style too :)) Ahhhh, but of course, my Indian roots and influences of English Lit!!
Will be over at yours shortly! Thanks
This is a very lovely poem…
Love and Romance…portrayed so well…i love it.. :)
Thanks for visiting Sumit, appreciate your feedback! I am glad you love it :)
beautiful poem, Heart! :) lovely read.. vanity can be erotically blissful too :D
mine is here:
Thanks for the compliment Leo, your version definitely has lot more action ;)
Thanks for dropping by!