At the risk of celebrating “mediocrity”, we are very careful about what we congratulate and good job my 5 year old son about, on a daily basis on his ‘achievements’.. So, time has been passing and with each day, it is amusing how the little ones are growing up to know so many things.. much like I teach them 10% and the 90% of them is full of surprises.. So, when the husband was biting off his nails and not using the clipper, come on.. don’t judge us, we are self proclaimed busy bees and genuinely not untidy people.. :D, he jumps up from the sofa and starts telling us the difference between the good and the ugly.. “Daddy, daddy, you should not bite your nails, that is a bad habit.. Use clippers!”
There you go, that was enough for me to run from the kitchen and bear hug him.. He was naturally amused and proud of himself.. Not sure what exactly went through his mind, but he knew mommy’s love for him had just spiked up.. !! I don’t stop there, I call him super and then get frustrated again upon realizing that we don’t necessarily have an Einstein at home.. :(
To find out that there is a trail of thoughts so similar in the younger one’s head is beyond interesting.. He is barely one, and for crying out loud, he poses for pictures, cries boo boo – when he is barely hurt, mostly to gather attention and constantly is running behind me.. or the dad.. !
I think, the juices of admiration must have to flow both ways, otherwise parenthood would not have been so special as it is in anyone’s life.. !! I have a chore in the morning that is my favorite by far in the day, that is to drop the older one to school.. Our drive takes us about 20 minutes, and the drive is fascinating because, for everything that we talk about or discuss, my son is either wants me to know everything about his day at school the day before or give him my opinion about one thing or the other!
The younger one on the other hand is so darn clingy.. ahem, I meant, cute.. ;) He makes sure momma is around while he is playing, eating, pooping and definitely while sleeping.. Well, you might ask what can possibly happen if I don’t care to be around.. ?? Oh, you most certainly haven’t met my little monster.. !!
This sort of admiration, I am sure to miss it, when the sons grow older and when momma isn’t so much of an object of affection.. :) For now, though, I am their only Rock Star.. Ha.. !
With love to my little boys.. !
* * *
About The Article Author:
Our mission with FutureSTRONG Academy – to grow children who respect themselves, their time and their capabilities in a world where distractions are just a click or a swipe away.
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
The Indian American Life
Love Made Me Do It
* As you slip and fall, my thoughts are along with you atop the death train – la bestia. A smiling young man you were, one second ago,the next – a limp body in the overgrown unworn path.A heatstroke at 16 has sent you home sooner than you wished for. But is any...
Sandeepany Sadhanalaya – Swami Chinmayananda Ashram In Powai, Mumbai
* * * * About Sanatana DharmaQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Every Goal We Set Begins With The Clarity Of Intention. Here’s How To Achieve It.
* The Yogic Guide To Goal Setting: Kalpana and Vikalpa are two words that are derived from the word Kalpa that means imaginative creation. Vikalpa refers to our imagination or fantasy. It is daydreaming, or thinking of things that don't exist. Another word...
Raghava Krishna | Bṛhat बृहत् | A Yogic Perspective On What It Takes To Be A Modern Renaissance Man
* Refine Your Instrument Workshop: * Timestamp Of Questions: TBD * * * About Sanatana DharmaQuestions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
Ugadi | Gudi Padwa – A 9 Day Spring Festival Of The Hindu Lunar New Year
* Shobhakruthu Naama Samvatsaram: 2023: According to the Hindu Calendar, Ugadi falls on the first day of the Chaitra month. Yugadi means the beginning of new age. The day also marks the beginning of spring season, which is considered to be the first of all...
The Story Of Mahabharata As A Metaphor To Human Life And Philosophy
* It is said in the texts that 80% of the fighting male population of the civilization was wiped out in the eighteen days Mahabharata war. Sanjay, at the end of the war went to the spot where the greatest war took place; Kurukshetra. He looked around and...
Thoughts Of Eastern Philosophers And Thoughts Leaders On Advaita Vedanta And Hinduism
* All this is Brahman. Everything comes from Brahman, everything goes back to Brahman, and everything is sustained by Brahman. ~ Chandogya Upanishad * Thoughts On Hinduism: The really poor man is not the one who lacks money, but he who lacks the joy...
Books And Studies For Understanding Modern India And Its Vedic History
* Books By Indian Authors: Breaking India By Rajiv Malhotra & Aravindan Neelakandan Snakes in the Ganga: Breaking India 2.0 By Rajiv Malhotra & Vijaya Viswanathan India, that is Bharat: Coloniality, Civilization, Constitution By J. Sai Deepak Urban...
Naivedyam Or Prasad: Will God Eat Our Offerings? Lord Krishna Explains.
* What Is Prasad? Before eating, a lot of Hindus, offer the food first to God before they consume it. But the question is, will God come and eat our offerings? An attempt is made here to understand the predicament. What follows below is a Guru-Shishya...
Know Your Scriptures – A Modern Take On Ancient Wisdom By Ami Ganatra
* Know Your Scriptures Workshop: * Timestamp Of Questions: 3:04 - QUESTION 1: Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people. What convincing arguments do we find in our scriptures that guide us to follow the path of dharma...
Makar Sankranti – The Festival Of Decluttering, Brotherhood And Leading With The Light Of The Heart
* Significance Of Makar Sankranti: The auspicious day of Makara Sankranti is the day dedicated to worship the Sun - whose light nourishes and sustains all life on this planet. Sankranti means Passage in Sanskrit. Sankranti comes every month of the solar year...
How To Make Your Heart Pure – As Explained To 10 Year Olds In Satsang (Spiritual Discourse)
* 1. Obeying the rules of life.2. Preforming one's duties.3. Seeing work as workship.4. Chanting lord's name again and again.5. Trusting God as trusted and beloved to all.6. Seeing the blessings of Lord in everything.7. Love God as much as you love yourself....
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!