Today, I thought I will stop.. Take a break and really pen down how I feel.. Take a break from everything, sleeping, eating, cooking, feeding, cleaning .. everything..
Because I know the value of taking a break and just for a second, stopping to catch a breath… And because I know it is important to tell someone how you feel…!!
I haven’t seen or heard from my aunt for over a year now. But, not a single day goes by without thinking of her and her love for our family..
If you have seen me publicly demonstrate affection towards my husband, it is because she made it feel like it was the coolest thing to do..
On any day, if you see me rush out of the home with some goodies packed in a bag for the kids and headed to nowhere in my car, it is because she taught me that there is nothing like a planned picnic..
If my family is what it is now, without no love being lost, it is because she has been the tight rope holding us all together..
When I enjoy my freedom and understand that one can be responsible even while being silly and mischievous. It is because of all the tens of hundreds of vacation days in summer I spent with her..
If I am mad at my son for not eating his lunch at school, I know I still love him because I have seen her scold the stray cat for not showing up the previous day to eat her left overs..
If I am enjoying every moment of my life for what it is and live with the hope that tomorrow always brings happiness. It is because she taught me the meaning of living in the present..
This is a tribute to my aunt and all the remarkable ways she touched my life and continues to do so..
* * *
About The Article Author:
I see myself as an advocate for bringing social, emotional and character development to families, schools and communities. I never want to let this idea out of my sight – Our children are not just GPAs. I’m a Writer and a Certified Master Coach in NLP and CBT. Until 2017, I was also a Big Data Scientist. In December of 2044, I hope to win the Nobel. Namasté.
Write to me or call me. Tell me what support from me looks like.
Program Director & Essential Life Skills Coach for Kids and Busy Parents
* The embers remind me of my life, The logs with their withered skin, Are turning into ash as I watch. The same crackling noisesThat my fat will make, When I will burn along the Ganga. Most people want to live a 100 yearsYet, not know what to do on a lazy...
* Not where the musk of happiness blows,Not where darkness and fears never tread;Not in the homes of perpetual smiles,Nor in the heaven of a land of prosperityWould I be bornIf I must put on mortal garb once more. Dread famine may prowl and tear my...
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam I will either find a way, or make one. Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!
* As you slip and fall, my thoughts are along with you atop the death train – la bestia. A smiling young man you were, one second ago,the next – a limp body in the overgrown unworn path.A heatstroke at 16 has sent you home sooner than you wished for. But is any...
* YDDO – You Don’t Die Once A Poem On Redemption Unless you're a mid-lifer like me,This poem ain't gonna hold your attention. Now let's begin.Yes, it is possible. Yes, I said it's possible to press resetMany times over. Seek your truth every new...
* Great Ways To Write A Poem: 1. A great poem must inspire every reader to act.2. It should feel relevant, and the concept must have universal appeal.3. It’s a piece of art, so show your uniqueness with it.4. Life’s already a huge puzzle, so don’t lead your...
On How To Write. “To me, a short story is a conversation between writer and reader, since only the writer can speak, she must take care to respect the reader, to avoid telling him what to think, to say as little as possible and imply the rest with metaphor,...
Poetry “How do one see the big picture and hold the world’s pain, and at the same time see all of the bright edges of joy? I think that’s at the center of my question.”~ Poet Ada Limón Questions, just ask! Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email:...
* "I write for kids, and kids tend to be optimists. Even when the book has a dark theme, it's always through the eyes of a fictional hero, a young person with integrity, someone a reader can identify with and in turn find a kind of integrity and power in...
* Just A String Of Words? A good poem demands the dignity to be understood. History repeats in its resounding words. Repetition is a poem's strongest flavors. Poems are words with life because they're current and most urgent with their message to humanity. Yet,...
Questions, just ask!
Text or Call: 678.310.5025 | Email: email@example.com
Bringing a Group? Email us for a special price!